Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

303 clone?

Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 303 clone?

Well, I cannot buy 303 locally. I'm tired of having to order it off the net and was wondering if there is another product that is similar.? I just bought some Mequires interior quick detailer and am impressed with the look. It's not super shiney like amorall. But I need something for the outside. Any ideas? Seems llike there's gotta be a similar product.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

You've probably checked this out but I get my 303 at West Marine.
Most likely any boat/marine type store will have it (or can get it).
I just picked up a gallon yesterday 'cause I use this stuff alot
(way cheaper than buying new quart spray bottles all the time).
Old 05-16-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

fill me in whats this 303 stuff?
Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

303 ISN'T kinda like Armorall (although the idea of it's use is). To the best of my knowledge, Armorall is like crack cocaine for plastic. Once ya start using it there's no going back. 303 is great stuff in that it won't crack or dry out plastic over time with use and the finish isn't real slippery either. Can be used for the plastic windows on soft tops with no ill effects and great UV protection. Quite awhile back Happy Curmudgeon (sp) wrote a thread about going around upstate NY prior to closing time at the local bar(s) and spraying Armorall on bar patrons snow-mobile seats, waiting for the bar to close and then watching them try to get the snow-mobile moving without falling off (or rather having the snow-mobile drive out from under them 'cause the seats were so slick from the Armorall).
Old 05-16-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Michigan Mike
303 ISN'T kinda like Armorall (although the idea of it's use is). To the best of my knowledge, Armorall is like crack cocaine for plastic. Once ya start using it there's no going back. 303 is great stuff in that it won't crack or dry out plastic over time with use and the finish isn't real slippery either. Can be used for the plastic windows on soft tops with no ill effects and great UV protection. Quite awhile back Happy Curmudgeon (sp) wrote a thread about going around upstate NY prior to closing time at the local bar(s) and spraying Armorall on bar patrons snow-mobile seats, waiting for the bar to close and then watching them try to get the snow-mobile moving without falling off (or rather having the snow-mobile drive out from under them 'cause the seats were so slick from the Armorall).
so it was him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that bastard!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

303 is good. outside? outside i have been using mequiars trim detailer. flares/bumpers. excellant results.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:17 PM
JLK
JK Newbie

303 is nice until it rains .The rain seems to wash it off.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JLK
303 is nice until it rains .The rain seems to wash it off.
megs does not do this.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

I decided to try 303 and used it on my spare tire cover that was getting faded, make it look really good. And its held up good with all the rain we've had.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not believe there is an equal for 303. I have used it for years on my soft top and kayak gear with out any problems.

Quick Reply: 303 clone?