Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

30,000 mile service???

Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
I've never heard of that in all my years of vehicle ownership, and my dealer hasn't either (just called to verify). What's your source?
He is refering to the Lifetime Powertrain warranty some of us have. In order to keep the warranty valid, you must bring your Jeep into a dealership once every 5 years from your original purchase date (regardless of mileage) for a free powertrain inspection.

I have it in plain old black and white with my original warranty paperwork. I don't know specifically which Jeeps got it, but I know I have it on my '08 that was bought new in February of '09

EDIT: I just looked it up on the Jeep website......and I quote
G. Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
this coverage.

Last edited by OoPEZoO; 07-09-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^ Thanks very much for posting that!! I missed it when i read the paperwork when I first bought the JK.

As I said, I never heard of it, nor did my service writer. I'll be sure to comply and take my paper work with me when I go. It sounds like it's just a quick once over to see what shape your Jeep is in. The next time I'm at the dealership, I'll get with the service manager to see what all this "free" inspection entails. I wouldn't think they can afford to spend too much time looking it over, that's for sure.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

I imagine they're looking for signs of "abuse" and other ways to flag your Jeep/dishonor the warranty. Still, glad I could be of help.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
I imagine they're looking for signs of "abuse" and other ways to flag your Jeep/dishonor the warranty. Still, glad I could be of help.
LOL.....I'm pretty sure that is the case as well, but whatever. I'm lucky to have a good dealer I work with. I figure it will end up costing them at least one motor by the time I'm done with my Jeep. My beater car has 245k miles on it, and my motorcycle has 127k miles on it. I hope this little 3.8L is ready for some long service
Old 07-09-2010, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OoPEZoO
He is refering to the Lifetime Powertrain warranty some of us have. In order to keep the warranty valid, you must bring your Jeep into a dealership once every 5 years from your original purchase date (regardless of mileage) for a free powertrain inspection.

I have it in plain old black and white with my original warranty paperwork. I don't know specifically which Jeeps got it, but I know I have it on my '08 that was bought new in February of '09

EDIT: I just looked it up on the Jeep website......and I quote
G. Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
this coverage.
This is what I was asking about. i can't remember but I thought that my dealer said 5 year 30K miles but the 30 K didn't make sense to me.

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
In most cases I don't think this is the case but I bet there are some out there that do. I have a good relationship with my dealer. My cousin is my mechanic that I request so they treat me well. When the 5 years comes I will have him look at it. I just wasn't sure if there was a mileage cap along with the years.

thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had an oil and filter change, tire rotation and fender liner recall done yesterday. I'm at 27k. They reminded me that I'm due for the 30k checkup. I have an '08 X with the lifetime warranty and an extended warranty on additional items. The list of 30k items was lengthy and I'm sure $$$$. I'm going to use the owners manual to only do what is prescribed there. I've been doing 3k oil/filter changes even though the book says 6k (I think) I did the rear diff about 2k ago. It's so easy, but the dealer charges an arm and a leg from what I've read here. I just can't see throwing $$ away. I don't off road but 2 to 3 times a year. The dealerships are out to get $$$ not to protect our investment
Old 01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Do it yourself. You can find guides here or on youtube. I did the differentials for the first time this week and it was almost easier then doing the engine oil.

Quick Reply: 30,000 mile service???