Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3 cylinder coil pack

Old 07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
I just had the same code. I pulled #3 spark plug and there was a slight crack in it. Im not a mechanical person really. You can easily do this yourself. Tell them to forget about it and get your jeep back. Go to your local parts house and get a new plug (Champion double platinum is the standard OEM) pull the number 3 out and replace the plug. If it isn't the plug then its either the wire or the coil. I started with the wires first just because I was at 90k and I did plugs at 55k but never wires. Figured it had to be them. Nope. Cracked plug. Pull the plug, then try a different wire if you have an extra from the old set, then replace coil pack.

If its not one of these then post back and someone with better mechanical advice can help you hopefully.
Thanks a lot! I will try these!

Quick Reply: 3 cylinder coil pack