Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3.8 fuel line fix

Old 07-16-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.8 fuel line fix

I have a 2008 JK. The fuel line has a small hole in it and started spraying everywhere. I noticed it when it took a lot of cranks to start up and then smelled like gas. It was spraying all over my under carriage.

Had the dealer look at it and the MOPAR replacement was like $90 for a fuel line! Then, got a call back saying they don't manufacture that line any more and have a replacement but it requires the removal of the manifold so it was going to be around $500!

Obviously, that wasn't sitting well with me.

Has anyone replaced a fuel line or even better, REPAIRED a fuel line with success? Jeep is coming home today and I'll figure this out myself.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Start calling the places that so v8 swaps and ask if they have the fix for you. Motech, jeep speed shop, daveys jeeps, aev, rubitrux......you get the point. Take that part number they gave you and check rock auto as well. And eBay also has a couple of junkyard folks who have a few jk's in the yard so give them a shout.

Quick Reply: 3.8 fuel line fix