Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3,000 Mile Service Letter

Old 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is correct.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb-52h
curious, i went on line and reviewed our "Lifetime" warranty. According to the warranty..."In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited
Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain
Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection
performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or
Jeep dealer once very 5 years. This inspection will be
performed at no charge. The inspection must be made
within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the
in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the
inspection performed to continue this coverage.
For your convenience, powertrain inspection logs
have been provided. You should use these logs to
keep track of each 5 year powertrain inspection interval." So, as long as you keep your receipts, anyone can do the maintenance. i was call the dealer back and ask...since this is so critical to maintain the warranty - IT SHOULD BE FREE!
The biggest thing they said we had to do for the lifetime warrenty was come in every 5 years within that 60 day window. I bet they wrote this in there because they're expecting that 5 or 10 years from now, we'll forget and POOF warrenty gone. Luckily we got our jeep on Cinco De Mayo, so now it's not just margaritas but also jeep service day. I can remember that.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb-52h
curious, i went on line and reviewed our "Lifetime" warranty. According to the warranty..."In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited
Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain
Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection
performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or
Jeep dealer once very 5 years. This inspection will be
performed at no charge. The inspection must be made
within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the
in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the
inspection performed to continue this coverage.
For your convenience, powertrain inspection logs
have been provided. You should use these logs to
keep track of each 5 year powertrain inspection interval." So, as long as you keep your receipts, anyone can do the maintenance. i was call the dealer back and ask...since this is so critical to maintain the warranty - IT SHOULD BE FREE!

I've always wondered what the "in-service date" was....

Do they mean date that you purchased the vehicle, or the date that they got it on the lot, or the day that the vehicle was released from the factory?

I should call my dealership and clarify that...
Old 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by teamonthree
I've always wondered what the "in-service date" was....

Do they mean date that you purchased the vehicle, or the date that they got it on the lot, or the day that the vehicle was released from the factory?

I should call my dealership and clarify that...
The date you purchase the vehicle.

Build date is when it left the factory.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These mass mailings are generated by outside companies as a dealership TRAFFIC BUILDER. The dealership provides its sales records to the contracted company and the company loads your data into the automatic mail machine, visits for maintenance and ''free inpections'' are first, followed by trade-in come-ons and then warranty extensions as your mileage goes up over a period of time. You are in no way obligated to respond to this deceptive trash. Hang it on your bathroom wall in case there is a paper shortage....
Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
These mass mailings are generated by outside companies as a dealership TRAFFIC BUILDER. The dealership provides its sales records to the contracted company and the company loads your data into the automatic mail machine, visits for maintenance and ''free inpections'' are first, followed by trade-in come-ons and then warranty extensions as your mileage goes up over a period of time. You are in no way obligated to respond to this deceptive trash. Hang it on your bathroom wall in case there is a paper shortage....
Yup.

Quick Reply: 3,000 Mile Service Letter