Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

3,000 Mile Service Letter

Old 10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3,000 Mile Service Letter

Got a letter from the dealer that says "Your Vehicle is NOW DUE for regular service under the guidelines of your Manufacturer's Warranty." They are calling this my "3,000 Mile Maintenance" and service is due by October 14, 2009. They warn that I need to have this performed at an authorized service center and if I don't it "could affect your eligibility for warranty repair as indiciated in your owner's manual."

What 3,000 Mile Maintenance are they talking about? According to the owner's manual, my first service is 6,000!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably just a mass letter sent out. I'd like to see them come after me for "unauthorized maintenance".
Old 10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Randy Watson
Got a letter from the dealer that says "Your Vehicle is NOW DUE for regular service under the guidelines of your Manufacturer's Warranty." They are calling this my "3,000 Mile Maintenance" and service is due by October 14, 2009. They warn that I need to have this performed at an authorized service center and if I don't it "could affect your eligibility for warranty repair as indiciated in your owner's manual."

What 3,000 Mile Maintenance are they talking about? According to the owner's manual, my first service is 6,000!
Change the oil save the reciept. Or do it yourself and save the reciepts. Thats it they can not make you sevice the Jeep at the dealership.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Probably just a mass letter sent out. I'd like to see them come after me for "unauthorized maintenance".
Exactly just a stupid letter
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

I gave them a call to find out why I received the letter. They are telling me that there are two maintenance schedules. A more aggressive schedule applies to owners who reside in severe climates (I live in Arizona). Despite the clear warnings in the letter about losing coverage under my warranty, the severe climate schedule is only a recommendation and failure to follow it will not void the warranty.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmm, i would like to see this letter. I plan on changing my own oil here shortly with mobile 1.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dealerships are hurting for money and trying all kinds of cheap tricks like that.

Wait till you get the one about them looking for vehicles like yours for trade ins.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

I tried to attach a pdf copy of the letter, but it was too large. What was interesting about the phone call is that they first told me I had to comply with the severe climate schedule. Only after questioning this did they "check with a supervisor" who informed them that it was just recommended.

They claimed there's a need for more frequent maintenence due to the excessive heat and dust in Arizona...and Texas.

Changed my own oil at 1983 miles. Mobil 1 and a Fram Tough Guard 6X. Got the docs to back it up!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am waiting to hit 3k and plan on doing the same. I have no problem following the guide...i just want to be able to run the best oil without being charge $100 because its synthetic
Old 10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

curious, i went on line and reviewed our "Lifetime" warranty. According to the warranty..."In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited
Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain
Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection
performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or
Jeep dealer once very 5 years. This inspection will be
performed at no charge. The inspection must be made
within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the
in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the
inspection performed to continue this coverage.
For your convenience, powertrain inspection logs
have been provided. You should use these logs to
keep track of each 5 year powertrain inspection interval." So, as long as you keep your receipts, anyone can do the maintenance. i was call the dealer back and ask...since this is so critical to maintain the warranty - IT SHOULD BE FREE!

Quick Reply: 3,000 Mile Service Letter