Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2wd question?????

Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
yeah i plan on doing some stuff to it Like a lift. And I DON"T know why i didn't get the 4wd. I guess i was to excited about getting one in the first place. Dealer didn't have a 4wd on the lot would have to have orederd one. Just couldn't wait I guess. oh well i got to play with what i got right?

Be very careful, when you try to resell it the people that would be interested in the 4x2 wont' be interested in the lift. I would recommend VERY little modification. If you really intend to go offroad, then clean up your Jeep, try to sell it and buy a 4x4.

This isn't a anti-4x2 rant, but if you intend to go serious off-road, then get a truck that can do it.

edit to add - If you plan to off-road, sell the 4x2 before you scratch it up. 4x2 buyers don't want to see rock rash. It is not cool on a 4x2 and would greatly deminish the value. Just use the money you were going to spend on the life and tires and go with 4x4.

Last edited by Magister; 06-01-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

It wont be good in mud....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FRDesign
It wont be good in mud....
From your VAST driving experience in mud?

Seriously! With some quality tires, a rear locker and careful use of the throttle, you can still wheel in mud, but yes I agree with the winch or a good buddy with tow straps would be smart!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

yeah I am probably not gonna sell it and then go buy the 4wd. I don't want to go into the stuff that bad. But I do want to do a little playing and I plan on keeping the JK for many years. I probably will fix it up a bit.

Its a Jeep!!! I got the sahara Edition with the stock 18's.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
yeah I am probably not gonna sell it and then go buy the 4wd. I don't want to go into the stuff that bad. But I do want to do a little playing and I plan on keeping the JK for many years. I probably will fix it up a bit.

Its a Jeep!!! I got the sahara Edition with the stock 18's.
I won't belittle your 4x2 - it IS a Jeep, and I'm sure it'll do well for most minor to moderate offroading that you throw at it. Just remind yourself that if you DO get stuck, you're really stuck (no chance of a 4WD "power-out" move to unstick you).

I can't see trading it in/selling it just to get a 4x4 - the hit you'd take in depreciation would be huge. You have your 4x2, you're happy with it, and it IS a Jeep, so nuff said - have fun wheeling it, and just be careful not to get in over your head.

Quick Reply: 2wd question?????