Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2016 JKU headliner

Old 01-22-2016, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ort dealer did not tell us of this option. I can buy the mopar kit for 280ish. How hard is it to install myself? Any tips on installing it?

Last edited by busa250; 01-22-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Its basically Hot Headliners product, but it is a different company making a version of theirs. I would get the Hot Headliner product. It just sticks up there. Clean the plastic good, then you use either double sided foam tape or velcro. Velcro allows removal of the pads if you ever want to clean or something - Not sure you would want to take them out though.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

So after market is better? The couple i have seen look super cheapy. Was hoping mopar was a bit better.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by busa250
So after market is better? The couple i have seen look super cheapy. Was hoping mopar was a bit better.
A lot of the MOPAR aftermarket stuff is tweaked versions of aftermarket stuff, but usually tweaked to make them more cost effective yet not cheaper to the customer. I know a couple guys who run the Hot Headliners stuff, and it really works and is very secure. Just cause it is MOPAR brand does not mean it is better or better engineered.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the Mopar headliner kit. Easy to install and it matches the carpet both in color and texture. It does quiet road noise and moderate temps as it should. Not sure how they compare to the hothead ones.

You'll need to add additional double sided tape to the big pieces. On hot days, the Mopar tape didn't hold the pieces up, so I had to help them out. No issues with the smaller and side pieces.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the mopar ones. I have had good luck with mopar parts so far. Thanks for the extra tape advice.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We've had nothing but good to say about Hothead Headliners. Feel free to contact me for forum member pricing if the set you ordered doesn't work out. Have a nice weekend!

https://www.offroadelements.com/bran...eadliners.html
Old 01-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I installed the Mopar liners last year. They look and fit great, and the tape that was supplied has held fine. I think prep may be the key. Clean with plenty of alcohol and allow to dry, and install them when its warm but not hot.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by busa250
I just ordered the mopar ones. I have had good luck with mopar parts so far. Thanks for the extra tape advice.
You won't be disappointed. I put the mopar headliners in for winter and I noticed a difference in both temp (it gets cold in Chicago) and noise. Take your time and follow those wonderful pictures that mopar calls instructions.

Quick Reply: 2016 JKU headliner