Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2014 JKU Auto. Still getting P06DE after oil pump and cooler/sensors replaced

Old 04-20-2021, 01:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 JKU Auto. Still getting P06DE after oil pump and cooler/sensors replaced

Hi everyone.

I cant figure this conundrum out.. I went on a 3h drive and the following day had a cel. Its showing P06DE so i ended up replacing the oil pump and cooler/filter/sensors but still getting a P06DE code. It all looks pretty good except on the freeway where its around 75-85psi then back to 30psi when stopped. I also replaced the thermostat after seeing a code when i found the P06DE one which is good now but also have a fresh P0152 o2 shorted code. It also has a permenant P0010 (i replaced the cam sensor but code comes on before starting the code and noticed the coil plug wire had been hard wired to the coil off the crank sensor)

I am not sure if its the ecu or a wiring problem. Really just seejng if anyone has experienced this accute problem as search results havent really helped. I have only had the vehicle for a couple of months with 90k miles on it. My 2017 jk sport has been good to compare how the oil pressures and coolant temps operate.

Many thanks in advance,

Andy
Old 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have had the same problem after full replacement. My very trusted mechanic has confirmed the new cooler and sensor are working. I've given up trying to fix it or worry about it.
The following users liked this post:
ippylong85 (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

If only these things had oil pressure gauges probably a lot of people would not have replaced things perhaps. Andy you live near the coast there in Victoria (you in Aussie right?) so have you thought about wiring connections? May be salt air causing some pending bad connections seeing as the O2 sensor which has nothing to do with oil pressure sensing. That coil plug wire seems awful strange - get your hands on some schematics if you can and see what is up with that. I am dangerous under the hood with a can of WD but I spray the hell out of everything that is not moving and my Jeep is an electrical trouble free 2008 that regularly goes off road and gets wet.
The following users liked this post:
ippylong85 (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the quick replies fellers.
Yeah live by the coast but the vehical has only been here for a couple of months (it came from a hot dry part of australia) I have noticed a few wires slightly frayed at some connectors throughout the engine bay, one where i could see the wire so its possible there is a wire problem. Ill take it to an auto elec as i have bugger all idea when it comes to reading wiring, and was quoated about 1300 usd for a new engine loom
Thanks
Old 04-23-2021, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Cant get an auto elec for 2 weeks
I have checked the wiring and there is nothing visibly bad, I took the intake manifold off and looked at the oil sensor plug and looks to be in good shape. I unplugged the oil pump plug itself and nothing changed ( the revs are based on RPM ) so it seems to be solenoid related? I would hope not with the brand new pump, or possibly a bad ecu?

Quick Reply: 2014 JKU Auto. Still getting P06DE after oil pump and cooler/sensors replaced