Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2014 JK (P0344 CODE; stop the nightmare)

Old 12-26-2022, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsoup1191
Dealer Tech has performed all Testing options, cannot find any items and will be taking Valve Covers off (both sides), along with Chain Case Cover. No other options at this point...so 8hrs to Tear down and put back together. No other choice...need the Jeep back and have to bite the bullet; this stinks!
Fix was a new wire harness I found several shorted plugs.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by darcj7
Sorry been busy trying to find new work since my business went belly up during pandemic. This all sucks. I haven’t had time to drop mine off to my mechanic but I can time it perfectly. 20 minutes into drive every time I go into limp mode and have been manually shifting. Hate those long inclines. I really scared and also thinking my engine is shot then. I am so pissed and can’t really afford to get a new engine at this time. Putting salt on the wound I just received my title in the mail after paying off all these years. Proud owner of a Jeep with out a engine!
Hi. Curious if you ever found a resolution. Ive had the exact same problem with my 2013 for the last couple of years. I just dont know what to do.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default P0344 cam shaft limp mode resolution

Originally Posted by jessjeepowner
Hi. Curious if you ever found a resolution. Ive had the exact same problem with my 2013 for the last couple of years. I just dont know what to do.
2013 camshaft sensor limp mode

Replace wire harness plugs have came loose over time I found 6 bad ones so i just put a new harness in it also shorted a transmission shit module.

Quick Reply: 2014 JK (P0344 CODE; stop the nightmare)