Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 Wrangler Mic not working

Old 09-19-2023, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Wrangler Mic not working

Hey guys! I know it's a piddly little issue that shouldn't matter but it pisses me off every time someone calls me in the jeep. I've got a 2013 wrangler sport with what I think is the uconnect 730n and the mic won't work. I bought a new mic and no dice. All connections are plugged in but I'm not getting continuity between 2 of the 3 wires plug to plug. There's also an 8 prong connector that's loose in the dash that's just flopping around in there. Is that supposed to be connected to something or would that be for power windows or something I don't have? This mic is driving me nuts, every time someone calls, the radio tries to take over the call every 5 seconds and I've gotta put it back on speaker fiddling with my phone in nashville traffic in a manual. Any advice on this would be great. Thanks guys
Old 09-20-2023, 12:14 PM
RwH
JK Newbie

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

May not be your issue, but mine was recently doing this too and i had to completely un-pair, and re-pair my iphone to the jeep. It's been working without issue for about a month now,

Quick Reply: 2013 Wrangler Mic not working