Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 milage.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Tons of threads on this exact topic. A common answer, and one I follow myself is to change every 5000 miles. Easy to remember.
I work in automation and program machines for a living... This said I don't trust the computer. I change my oil every 5k miles. (The factory oil was removed after the break-in period.) I haven't gotten to the 2nd oil change yet (10k). I just think it is cheap insurance for a long engine life. Remember the manufacturer and dealer only care about getting you through the warranty period without issues. They stay in business by selling cars, if they last too long they don't sell as many.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anymore '13 milage?

I got 1231 has a leak already on the soft top :(
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MPG readings

Originally Posted by BigBlast
JKUS 2013, Auto - after seeing this thread, just looked at mine and was shocked - I had to take a picture.. So far bone stock on suspension and tires, but I follow tire recommendation rather than Jeep on pressure (a trick I learned in my Hummer).

Attachment 481464
I noticed that you had apparently just filled up as the fuel gauge reads FULL. In my trip home from the refuel I ALWAYS get over 20MPG. However, the real average for me is around 16MPG over the use of the tank.

KG6SLC aka Eugene
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2013

Just over 11,000 miles and so far just a leaky freedom panel that was fixed and a vibration in steering wheel at 60+ MPH. That was fixed also. Turned out to be the way my stock exhaust was installed. They ended up loosening the exhaust system and letting it settle and then re tightening and vibration was gone.
3.73 gears and a 6 speed and I average about 20 city and 22 highway.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Twilightaj
JKU sport Manuel. 9230 miles leaking soft top about to be dropped off for the third time to try to fix it
If you bought a brand new tent and set it up outside in the rain, EVENTUALLY it's going to leak. I wouldn't get too wound up or disappointed, we live in Florida and it rains alot.
Mike
Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wrigley

If you bought a brand new tent and set it up outside in the rain, EVENTUALLY it's going to leak. I wouldn't get too wound up or disappointed, we live in Florida and it rains alot.
Mike
And it's monsoon season in the panhandle. I think I'm just a little ticked that this is our third jeep. First one to ever have any problems. First a fuel line leak, then ac compressor went out and in Florida we need that year around. And now the soft top as leaked from day one.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2013 jku. 3" BDS w Fox shocks. 35 nitto trails. 7400 miles. No issues here. Window actuator broke week one. That's it. Hover around 13-15 mpg due to in town commute.

Sent from grenade range
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

hit 5k today still running strong >.< 5k in under two months i drive to much
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wrigley
Mike
I dont use that reasoning.. im on my 4th JK now (havent had it in the rain yet).. my previous 3 didnt leak.... come to think of it most my TJ;s didnt leak either.. from what ive seen though theres quite a bit of variance in the tops themselves.. my jeeps havent leaked however I notice each one that the top is a little different to operate as far as which zippers go in easy, some are harder to get latched etc.. i think theres just a large threshold of whats acceptable coming out of bestop..
Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo

I dont use that reasoning.. im on my 4th JK now (havent had it in the rain yet).. my previous 3 didnt leak.... come to think of it most my TJ;s didnt leak either.. from what ive seen though theres quite a bit of variance in the tops themselves.. my jeeps havent leaked however I notice each one that the top is a little different to operate as far as which zippers go in easy, some are harder to get latched etc.. i think theres just a large threshold of whats acceptable coming out of bestop..
I think that the difference is not with the top, but with the way the top sits on the Jeep. My soft tops have all been tight with no leaks, but I have helped others that have had leaks. We have done everything from completely remounting the top itself to removing the windshield brackets and adjusting the top to windshield angle.

Quick Reply: 2013 milage.