Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 Idler Pulley

Old 10-07-2016, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Idler Pulley

Need some help. my 2013 has small squeak sound every so often. I took the belt off and checked all the pulleys. All seamed good with the exception of the 2 idler pulleys, they were running a little rough. I know whit the sealed bearings only a matter of time before they go out completely. I have been trying to find a replacement on Amazon. But nothing seams to fit my 2013. they fit all the way up to a 2011. Are these the same? They look like it in the picture, but don't know the shaft/ bolt size. Suggestions on a part number? Thanks for any help
Old 10-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

As an interim fix try lubricating the pulley with WD-40 or comparable lubricant.

As for a replacement I would highly recommend contacting the dealership and either purchasing a replacement or get the part number from them and then search for it on Amazon. that way you know you have the correct part number.

R/
Will
Old 10-07-2016, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a member on here who's screen name is CardID. they are a forum sponsor and a quick Bing search their site was first to come up with a bunch of parts listed. they may have a forum discount.

https://www.carid.com/2013-jeep-wrangler-engine-parts/

R/
Will

Quick Reply: 2013 Idler Pulley