Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 died as soon as I started it

Old 06-07-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
So this happened once last week and I thought I was crazy, but then it happened again today. I get in the car, start it, the engine starts and then stalls. I try to start it again and the engine just keeps cranking on its own, turn it off again and on the third time it start no problem. The car is 2 weeks and 1900 miles old(i've been enjoying it, obviously). Any ideas what this could be? I tried to search, but I didn't find anything - not really sure what search terms to even use. Thanks for your help in advance.
The starter motor will continue to run for about 10 seconds, or until the engine starts, because of the Tip Start feature if you have an automatic.

Next time it starts and quits within a couple seconds, turn the key to off, and pull up on the big white fuse holder in the TIPM, then re-seat it. This will reset the wireless control module.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The starter motor will continue to run for about 10 seconds, or until the engine starts, because of the Tip Start feature if you have an automatic.

Next time it starts and quits within a couple seconds, turn the key to off, and pull up on the big white fuse holder in the TIPM, then re-seat it. This will reset the wireless control module.
Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Do you think I should bring it in to have looked at either way?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Do you think I should bring it in to have looked at either way?
Yes. Get it documented. If they don't see it happen, though, they can't do much for you.
Pulling the fuse is a way to get it going if the wireless control module is what's causing it to shut down as if it didn't recognize the transponder in your key. It kind of wipes the slate clean and gives it another chance.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Yes. Get it documented.
Pulling the fuse is a way to get it going if the wireless control module is what's causing it to shut down as if it didn't recognize the transponder in your key. It kind of wipes the slate clean and gives it another chance.
alright thanks again

Quick Reply: 2013 died as soon as I started it