Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2013 Automatic with CEL P0741 - Dealer issues

Old 07-11-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any info about the time frame with these issues by chance?
Old 04-24-2022, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0741 Issue Solved

Originally Posted by zr2tim
Got the CEL - Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Performance or Stuck On.
Light came on while traveling across Pennsylvania three weeks ago. All is fine except when at hwy speeds and you are climbing a long up hill grade. Seems like you are low on power so you push the gas more and more. RPMs jump up and then you go. CEL pops up. 43,000 miles. Took it in, dealer agreed with code, had to wait 2 weeks for appointment. Problem continuing in between. Dealer called today and said they believe the big wheels and tires are to blame, confusing the torque converter.
Nitto Trail Grappler 295/75/17 on Procomp 17x9.5 rims. Ran these most of last summer, and since this spring. Stocks on for winter.

First off, Big tires on a Jeep is very common...everyone does it. I got the tiresizing from them. Store down the road from them told me to go to the dealer to check out the two jeeps they just modded for them...love the wheels and tires, went back to store and told them to copy exactly.

So, I told dealer all of this...if big tired are too much for transmission, why are you selling them that way on your lot?

They are going to change trans filter and fluid as well as both axels. Will cost me $600, and told me to put the stock wheels back on and see what happens. Sorry so long, your opinions are appreciated.

2013 SHORTBUS - I had the same issue on my Jeep Sahara. I changed the solenoid and new filter and fluid first and that did not solve the problem. Tried to order a new torque converter at Advance & O'Reilly's and both had the wrong part. Only option was going to dealership and paying $900 for the new OEM torque converter. I installed it myself and great thing is it solved the problem and now shifts better than it was before and is good to go at highway speed. All fixed.

Quick Reply: 2013 Automatic with CEL P0741 - Dealer issues