Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 Unlimited Full or Half Doors

Old 02-03-2012, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Unlimited Full or Half Doors

I need some opinions. I currently have an 07 2 door with half doors. I'm getting ready to trade it in on a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon. Trying to decide if I want half or full doors. I really like the half doors for when I put my soft top down. If I go with half doors, I can't get the remote start and keyless entry. Another fear is that the half doors will leak like my 07 does and I am tired of a leaking vehicle. I want to hear from people who have half doors as well as people with full doors. Also with the full doors, is it a pita to take the doors off when I put the top down?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

I am thinking about the same thing. Ive never had a jeep with half doors but i like the look of the half doors with the top down and i dont think ill mind the excess noise etc...
Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote full doors. You can always pick up some tubular doors later on for the dry summer months but getting full doors gets expensive. Then you can get the other options like, remote start, power windows, power mirrors, EVIC, keyless entry, and UConnect. The doors aren't as heavy as they look and can be swapped quickly(under 15min). Tubular doors cost less than $300 a set and then can be outfitted with skins upper halves and alot moor, gives you more room to personalize your Jeep. Enjoy your new Toy.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for full doors as well. Granted I live in Michigan and it gets cold here in the winter so having full doors and windows that roll down is kind of nice. I took mine off during the summer on my 2009 two door and it wasn't difficult. The only difference now, I will be in the same boat as you and have four doors instead of two!

On a side note the interior door handles are a different but I don't think it will make much of a difference in picking them up.

Chris
Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I vote full doors with power locks and windows, as that is a major pain in the ass to add after the fact. It's a hell of a lot easier to just buy a set of summer doors later...
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

My wife and just went through this decision. She really wanted the half doors, but in the end we ordered the full doors so we could get power windows/locks and then we just ordered the mopar half doors from the dealer.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2012 with half doors

my 2012 Unlimited Rubicon has half doors. No leaks & surprisingly quiet. No regrets at all!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
JK Junkie

I had half doors for 9 years and hated them every day the top was on. With the top off they are great but not as good as getting the whole door off.
I had someone cut my plastic window to steal my 6 year old broken CD player as well.
I only have full doors on my jk I don't miss the half doors yet but the new jeep hasn't seen a summer yet.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

I got the full doors and invested in the Bestop fabric doors. Ya they leak and they don't fit well and they're expensive but for me in Canada it's the best of both worlds. Easy on and off with the option of using them as half doors in the summer and the security of full doors in winter and when needed. Just my two cents.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well guys thanks for the input. I ordered my JKU Rubicon this past Saturday with the full doors.

Quick Reply: 2012 Unlimited Full or Half Doors