Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 Rubicon Transmission work anyone else have these symptoms?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2012 Rubicon Transmission work anyone else have these symptoms?

I brought my 2012 Rubicon with an Automatic tranny to the dealership yesterday because the decent control would not engage on a steep grade and it also had a few other issues.
In 4 Low on a steep grade it would lurch. Basically let go then feel like the brakes would engage and repeat. So much so the tires would skid.
In 2 wheel drive I noticed it didn't seem like it was shifting right but not a real big deal. Going up hills I noticed it would rev high but if I took my foot off the gas it would shift... Kind of strange.
The result is a bunch of codes for improper gear selection and they have to tear into the tranny to see what needs to be fixed.
Has anyone else noticed similar symptoms in their 2012 Rubicons with an Auto transmission? I was told I am not the first one to come to the dealership with this problem and I wonder how many have used their 4 low or decent control.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your trouble. I have not used mine, but will now look to do so this weekend. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I've used mine on a couple of all day wheeling trips with ups and downs, no problems at all, held me back perfectly and smoothly.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used mine on the Ouray CO Jeep Jam last year in the snow and mud and the hill decent control worked great. No issues so far with my auto on or off road.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:01 AM
JK Super Freak

No issues with my 4lo, have not tried hill descent control, nor would I have them tear into the tranny on the account of HDC alone. I have noticed a few times that i feel like I need to let off the gas a bit for it to shift while going uphill, but A. I don't think the engine or tranny were at proper operating temp at that time and B. I don't have many miles on it yet so I think it's still 'learning' my driving style.

Quick Reply: 2012 Rubicon Transmission work anyone else have these symptoms?