Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 radio issue

Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 radio issue

I have a new 2012 unlimited with 400 miles and the radio went out. I took it to the dealer
and they said it was a fuse and sent me on my way. Next morning same thing didnt work.
Next day I had an appt. To get lift,wheels,gears, and tires put on. They also reset for gears and tire size with an AEV ProCal. Is it ok to take back to dealer to fix radio or do I need to
reset back to factory? I am new to this so any advice would be great.....
Old 01-27-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Safest to reset to factory with the programmer. Fuses don't blow for no reason, make them find the short.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

I have a Superchips programmer and as per the instructions, always return it back to stock settings before taking it to the dealership. The possibility of being locked out of the programmer is why.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I found this but didnt know if it was true:

We’ve been meaning to mention the Procal is dealer safe…Using the Procal CAN NOT void your warranty. There is nothing in the PCM (engine controller) that is changed when using the Procal so it is completely unnecessary to restore before going in to the dealer. As far as we are aware, the Procal is the only completely SAFE module when considering the danger of reflashing over customized software. Along those lines, there has a lot of talk recently about the “Restore” function and when it should be used; the only time the Restore function should be used is when the module is going to clear out changes to the first vehicle and then be used in another. If changing any variable on the vehicle the Procal is already mated to, it is unrecommended to restore first. The Procal will handle overwriting any new settings internally.

Quick Reply: 2012 radio issue