Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 jk windshield replace

Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glass coverage varies by state and policy.

I've found safelite to be way overpriced. As soon as you try to get off the phone with them they'll start talking about how they price match and give you a hard sell to set up an appointment. I called Guardian Glass and saved over $100. Do yourselves a favor and get multiple quotes.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepkid850
Down here in Florida its free
Originally Posted by rays0852
Nothing is free.....we pay for it every time we send them a check for our insurance premiums.

FL requires insurance companies to cover windshields at no cost....so we end up paying more for insurance. It's really that simple.

I think what he meant was there's no out of pocket at the time of windshield replacements.

I know the insurance companies aren't doing it for free. Most insurance (home owners, flood, and auto) in Florida is way too high.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kaptkrappy

I think what he meant was there's no out of pocket at the time of windshield replacements.

I know the insurance companies aren't doing it for free. Most insurance (home owners, flood, and auto) in Florida is way too high.

Exactly what i ment!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

You guys are getting ripped off the mopar windshield here was only 250$ . I got mine free with windshield coverage
Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup cracked mine and it was either $25 or $50 for them to replace it In the parking lot at my work
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Murder¹
You guys are getting ripped off the mopar windshield here was only 250$ . I got mine free with windshield coverage
I wonder if the higher price included the labor? That's the lowest I've heard and I'm assuming your talking just about the part.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
I was told the only difference is the logo in the right lower corner and the grille emblem in the top center of the windshield. It was three times as much money to go with the Mopar windshield as it was to go with a generic windshield, and I thought the emblems were kind of dumb anyway. I went with a generic windshield and saved my money to go Jeeping with.
***l can't live without the logo! Safelite repaired mine but I think it's getting bigger. I've got to put a dot on it with a Sharpie to check, if my suspicions are correct, I don't want an aftermarket windshield, (I love my Jeep climbing up the side) ☹️
Old 04-19-2016, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bamajeepgirl
***l can't live without the logo! Safelite repaired mine but I think it's getting bigger. I've got to put a dot on it with a Sharpie to check, if my suspicions are correct, I don't want an aftermarket windshield, (I love my Jeep climbing up the side) ☹️
You can buy the logos from Amazon for around $15.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

here ya go... add your own logos save some $$$$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...A1T8GG442BCKBG
Old 04-19-2016, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

I like the logos but not at twice the cost. Now the decal makes it a no brainer. One learns something new every day! Added it to my Amazon list for when the windshield cracks.

Quick Reply: 2012 jk windshield replace