Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 JK, replacing Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor. Oil cooler too?

Old 07-23-2023, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2012 JK, replacing Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor. Oil cooler too?

Hello all!

i am getting a P0520 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Malfunction. So I will be replacing the sensor. Knowing what is involved with taking the upper and lower intakes off, would you recommend replacing the oil cooler while I am already in there? I am not certain the oil cooler is leaking as of now, but I do know that due to its location between the cylinder banks, it is not uncommon for it to fail. I also know that the oil filter housing tends to get brittle and can break if not careful while changing the filter. So since I will already be that deep in to it, should I upgrade it while I am in there? Is there a specific one that is recommended? Maybe an aluminum one? I have seen them on Amazon, but I am kind of leery of cheap Amazon products since I have been burned by them in the past (thermostat/housing didn't even last 2 years)...

On a side note, I am also getting a P0304 that comes and goes. Jeep doesn't run rough or anything, so the misfire is not constant. So while I am in there I am going to move the 4th cyl coilpack to the passenger side and replace the spark plug. Then if the code moves to different cyl I will replace that coil. If you have any recommendations here too, that would be great!

Thanks in advance for any and all tips and advice!
Rob

Quick Reply: 2012 JK, replacing Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor. Oil cooler too?