Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 JK 2dr

Old 03-27-2021, 02:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JK 2dr

Hello,
I just brought a 12 JK with 121000. Miles.. Ive changed all the fluids. That's the extent of my ability. The vehicle looks to of been a highway car hardly any evidence off road use. the ride is good but it wanders on road. How should i go about refreshing the suspension as i am sure its tired. The ball joints and rear axle seals were just replaced.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Old 03-27-2021, 04:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

So this is bone stock, all factory components still including the steering stabilizer? I mention that specifically as a lot of people will replace that with aftermarket gas-charged ones that create a pull. Back in the day it was easy and cost almost nothing to find brand new take-off components from people modifying theirs and it was a great resource for the stock guys to freshen their components up, but that door has slammed shut now that we've been out of production for several years. Though freshening up tie rod end joints, drag link, and TB, would be nice, those really aren't going to solve your veer. Lots of these JKs would pull a bit right off the dealer lot, and the dealer $15 solution to customer complaints would be cam bolts. I can't suggest using cam bolts even on a bone stock jeep as I abhor them. Another option, if it comes to it, would be front lower adjustable control arms so you could tweak the caster.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Garry (03-27-2021)

Quick Reply: 2012 JK 2dr