Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 issue

Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 issue

Hey guys my 2012 sport has been causing me some stress the last few days and im wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. The other day my jeep started making a whistling noise which i figured it could be anything maybe just from the cold. Later that night i started driving and my jeep was revving extremely high while only doing about 30mph. Next day no issues so i figured maybe just a bad day idk. Then yesterday the same issues occurred. Now today same issue again and when i went to parallel park my jeep would not move in reverse the engine just revved. Then i noticed my jeep wont switch into drive1,drive2 etc. finally i was able to park. Later on i had to drive the jeep again to get home and when i got home my transmission fluid started leaking. So im assuming there is some type of transmission issue which sucks being i have less then 20k miles on the jeep. I have an appointment with the dealer for saturday so just wanted to know if anyone has experienced similar issues or has an idea what issue can be im no mechanic so any info helps so i know what to expect.
Thanks and happy thanksgiving
Old 11-28-2013, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Could this be related to the recall?
Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Could this be related to the recall?
Im not really sure i thought the recall had to do with electrical wiring not 100% sure ive called my dealer about the recall and they told me the parts are coming in very slowly so ive yet to been able to have that done
Old 11-29-2013, 03:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look into the driver side front wheel well (beyond the upper left of the tire) at the two aluminum automatic transmission fluid lines that run parallel to each other over the chassis frame. This is where one of them rubs against the power steering fluid line that is in that area. This may have caused a leak and could be the source of your problem. And this is the reason for the recall.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lanslide
Look into the driver side front wheel well (beyond the upper left of the tire) at the two aluminum automatic transmission fluid lines that run parallel to each other over the chassis frame. This is where one of them rubs against the power steering fluid line that is in that area. This may have caused a leak and could be the source of your problem. And this is the reason for the recall.
Didnt get to look but i dropped the jeep off today at the dealer so hopefully ill find out monday
Old 11-30-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Junkie

I had my recall N-28 Transmission Cooler Line Inspection done on Wednesday and they replaced Power Steering Hose and installed sleeve. Be sure and check your plastic fender well on the drivers front when you pick it up.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
I had my recall N-28 Transmission Cooler Line Inspection done on Wednesday and they replaced Power Steering Hose and installed sleeve. Be sure and check your plastic fender well on the drivers front when you pick it up.
Will definitely do that
Old 12-01-2013, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting...I thought they were just replacing the transmission lines because they are redesigned to not interfere with the power steering hard line. I did not know there was a problem with the power steering hose. Did you mean power steering hard line?
Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The recall I received said PS return hose & a sleeve to protect tranny cooler line.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the power steering return hose located under the engine air filter housing? I've read here that the air filter housing rubs on that hose.

Quick Reply: 2012 issue