Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 gripes

Old 02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No issues, no problems....traded up from a 10 Rubicon 2 door stick to the 12 unlimited Rubicon auto. It's just flat awesome....
Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haha I love this thread... first world problems. Hopefully my 2012 will be here in a few days so I can complain about the USB ASAP !
Old 03-24-2012, 02:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Arctic
not a huge deal, but 2 gripes about the 2012.

i try to load a few pix onto my dash monitor but they wont stay on the hardrive. i press "save" so i duno why they get wiped out. i've tried it a few times now. anybody else with this prob??

the heated seats button. one push turns them on. but if you want to go to the low setting (requires 2 pushes)....you have to press like 3,4, 5 times. seems a little slow to react or something??

i know these features are "fluffy", unneccessary stuff but i wana know whats up. they're there and i wana use em!
Can,t help with pictures, but on the seats if you hold the button about 1/2 second it will work every time.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Issues, hmmm let's see.....oh yeah. It didn't come with a HEMI! No issues or gripes with either one of mine.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

My only problem has been .........
.... Just no extra funds to build it up yet.
I did get a more pure form, manual windows, base radio, etc. the only options are the auto tans, and hard top, and with that I thought my wife would drive once in a while, but nope, should have got the manuel, ANY ONE WANA TRADE A MANULE TRANS FOR AN AUTO!!!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

That is not abnormal on the seat heaters.. my 07 BMW 335 has the same thing, you push it once and it turns full power, push a few more times to reduce power..
Old 03-24-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Well my rear left head rest didn't fold back from the start. Had 26km on it when they delivered it so I guess it was that way from the factory. They fixed that while doing the paint protection though. I couldn't get a duratrac in the stock tire size and had to go wider which meant buying wheel spacers. Really I think the bar should be centered and then there would be no tire rub.

Also, what is up with putting a vacuum booster in the front bumper? Means moving the thing or working around it to put a winch in there and I'm sure that will be a huge X on the warranty if I move it.

My heated seats work fine though. And only had the 720N mess up once where there was an error with the bluetooth and it disabled all of my sound except for the beep of the touch screen entries. Turning off the Jeep for a minute and back on reset that problem though. Wish I didn't need to buy a LockPick to install a back up cam, but that's for my wife when she is paralell parking so not really caring too much there.

Wish that there wasn't a silly dance that had to be done to turn off the HSA, should have been accessible through the connectivity group. I think it is applying the rear brakes pretty constantly when driving. Really seems to slow down hard when you turn off cruise control. Going to disable it today and see what kind of a difference that makes. Don't want to replace the rotors after just 30k and more importantly I'm sure it is reducing my L/100km significantly.

Alll in all I love it over the 2011's that I took for test drives and felt were just not worth buying when I knew a 12 month wait would be worth it.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MortuaR
Haha I love this thread... first world problems. Hopefully my 2012 will be here in a few days so I can complain about the USB ASAP !
I totally agree. The USB port is in a terrible place and very hard to get to, but the fix is easy enough...
I plugged an extension into the port and brought the port out of the center console box. Now I have a
USB port outside. :yay:
Old 03-24-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Riptide
LOL. And here I was just about to bitch about how the USB slot works... but I can't get the damn stereo to randomize the whole USB stick, instead of insisting to play music by genre, or artist, etc. It drove me so nutz that I finally went and burnt a MP3 disc of tunes.
The best "randomization" I can get out of a USB stick in my 2012 JK is by Album. But I remember my 2000 had a cassette player in the OEM radio and I switched it out for a Pioneer with a CD player.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Niaw1
The best "randomization" I can get out of a USB stick in my 2012 JK is by Album. But I remember my 2000 had a cassette player in the OEM radio and I switched it out for a Pioneer with a CD player.
My iPod works great in the USB port. It always defaults to play in the order of songs on the iPod so I simply push the rdm button on the radio to make it be random.

Quick Reply: 2012 gripes