Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 Sun Rider 4D - Door Rails - Info

Old 02-27-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Sun Rider 4D - Door Rails - Info

got bored with winter, since im in the south, the sun will come soon so i put the soft top on. Just wanted to put a thread out showing pictures of the door rails, i know i was wondering and couldnt find anything before i went through the trouble of more doing and less googling.

first i thank HG07JKRubi for his awesome winch thread. if you havent done it, i highly recommend it.

h t tp://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?5559-Hardtop-hoist-storage-write-up&highlight=summer+hoist

i used some different hardware but pretty much the exact same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	49
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	282914

after the top is off....you can see how the first door rail goes on the back of the passenger side door, there is a nub that will fit in a hole and will just clip right on to the roll bars, you will then have three screws, i tightend the middle one first to lock the front and back rail in place, and then tightened the other two...

see here...

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	51
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	282913

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	282912

once the rails are on attach the soft top, i would ditch the factory directions and just watch these youtube videos. (other ones can be found after the first one is played)

h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRSkqEH59vE&feature=relmfu

hope this helps at least someone,

im saving up for the gobi next
then 2.5 teraflex with shocks
then some 33's
gotta start somewhere

i have learned way too much information from this forum, and appreciate why i bought a jeep so much more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	282911  

Quick Reply: 2011 Sun Rider 4D - Door Rails - Info