Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 soft top problem

Old 09-17-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011Unlimited
I have the exact same problem on my 2011. Only put the top down a few times and it has started to wear out exactly where you indicated. I also have two pin holes on the drivers side where the brackets for the top are rubbing against the canvas material. I was in at the dealership today to see what they will do. They asked me to return tomorrow and they will look into it further. I'm hoping that I am as lucky as you and that they cover it. They did tell me that they have yet to see this problem.

I will keep you posted on my situation.
Im sure you know by now there is a recall. You shouldnt have a problem getting it replaced
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone with a 2011 check all the stitching, I had pin holes at the passenger side B-pillar no where near were the bows could rub.

Dealer looked it up and it wasn't part of the recall, so he had a tech look at to confirm there's holes (apparently me showing him wasn't enough?) and it's getting replaced anyway under warranty.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know if mine does this because I always open my tailgate when I put my top down, had no problems with it rubbing once its down though!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

I had mine replaced for the same thing, pinholes and the 2 tears in the header peice because of not opening the tailgate when lowering the top. I now open it!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Marc11
My dealer called me yesterday for a soft top recall. Was there this morning and after inspection they're replacing the soft top because of pinholes... Just a heads up.
having mine replaced also 4790 miles and they saw the pinholes and the guy told me they repalce the top and order "shields" to add with the new top and it fixes the problem I better not have other issues after they replace it, we all know how that goes.......:mad :

Quick Reply: 2011 soft top problem