Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 JKU Soft top--REALLY TIGHT?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd be happy that its tight for the time being. may mean less chance of leakage.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I installed my soft top last weekend and decided to do it when it was a little cooler out......I have always done it when it as warmer out......let's just say...next time I switch my soft top back on ...I will do it on a warm sunny day....it was a PITA!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

The top softens up if you let it sit in the sun for about 20 mins. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow....wish my women were this tight...they give me just as much trouble. First off I decided since this morning was beautiful out and my brothers were at my families home for easter id use the man power and get my soft top on. Well we got the hard top off easy. Problem was I left my soft top boxes of parts 30min away at home. As soon as we get the top off the sky turned grey...my type of luck. I rush home as it starts drizzling. I barely made it to my garage where I had the boxes. Due to the fact I have 3 Harleys in there I can't fit my jeep. I grab the boxes and bolt over to the local home depot parking lot...witch has three levels. As soon as I pull in it starts pouring. I just made it. After struggling with tryin to figure out where the brackets go. Wrestling with zippers...pinching my fingers birds tryin to shit in my jeep...Three hours later I have my damn tight ass top on. Except....I can't clip the front! ....happy easter.

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU Soft top--REALLY TIGHT?