Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 Rubi - manual - softtop -7,000 miles, no leaks, no problems at all.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Get a 12 if you haven't bought yet. I got the 12 last week. Trade in03 ruby for new ruby. Ssswwweeeeetttttt. Have a life time warranty. So I may have to have dealer put lift on it. But it's a matter of time before I void some part of the warranty with mods.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the front passenger door soft top leak, makes a nice little puddle when it rains!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

2011 Sahara Unlimited. Northern Canada, 8000 kms, auto trans, no problems so far. We love it despite some small things that aren't that big of a deal: it doesn't have an evap canister skid plate from the factory??? (someone please explain that to me!!), the factory headlights are crap and need to be upgraded the day you bring it home, the factory fog lamps are also not that good and could use an upgrade (which I haven't done yet). Other than that, get one and join the club.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cyberil
I'm about to order a new 2011 JK. I love jeeps and have wanted one for the last 30 years. I live in England so I'll be getting a diesel 2 door.

The UK reviews say the plastics and on road manners have improved but I've mentioned to three garage owners that I'm getting a JK as my only car and their faces hit the floor. Basically telling me that compared to what other vehicles are for sale they're crap. I currently drive a LR2.

I'm prepared to have a car with a few niggles but I'd like to hear from any 2011 JK Owners about their vehicles reliability and build quality. What stories have you got to tell? Good or bad...and has the reliability improved in 2011 jeeps compared to previous models. Remember I'll be getting the diesel engine.

Cheers mate.

Paul
I've had mine since February. It has a little over 12k miles on it with zero problems.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
JK Newbie

Only complaint is that the dome light does not work but its under warranty and I'm sure will be fixed soon. Other than that I LOVE IT
Old 12-11-2011, 11:58 PM
JK Newbie

Surprised no one has had this issue yet!

Mine has only 8000 kms on it. Already had it in our dealer to replace the throw bearing for a TSB replacement.

So if anyone's jk is making a high pitched noise when you take the foot offthe clutch keep this in mind!

P.S.

It's still the most fun vehicle is have ever owned!

Cheers
Craig

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got 5000 miles on mine with no issues. I did a good amount of studying before I bought mine, so far I haven't encountered any of the common issues I've read about.

I'm super happy with mine, I'm satisfied with the power of the motor for being stock, and really surprised by how it rides. My only complaint is not having time enough to get off the paved path.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had mine since July (9K miles on it now) with no issues to speak of.

It did just go in for the PCM recall and mygig reflash. PCM recall did seem to change shift points, moved them up a bit into the powerband, feels smoother. Who knows though, it could be mental. Mygig reflash did fix the compatibility issues I was having with the iPhone 4. Between the Jeep and the iPhone, seems I'm constantly awaiting a software update.

It's a 2011 Rubicon Unlimited btw (call of duty edition) stickers removed now, and just tinted the front to match. Hopefully will get a 2.5" suspension lift/35s done by this time next year.

and because it's a COD edition .... a couple of the rifles I've been building/what's keeping me from spending $ on the lift

Last edited by munch520; 12-12-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

14000 miles and no issues. Love it and can't believe I went this long without a Jeep in So Cal.

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?