Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone

What can I say? Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my post.

Although time will tell, I'm totally convinced. So in the next few months I'll be trading in my Land Rover for a 2 door diesel new sahara. You can't get th Rubicon in the UK.

I have a ton of questions still, a lot have been answered in the F & Q's bof this great website but my main one is concerning the size of the lift and the tires. The JK will be used 99% on road but because the stock wheels and suspension look awful I want to beef it up without it affecting the drivability. A Friend of mine has an old CJ that has been totally modified for off road use, when I drove it the other day it was a death trap With it's vague steering. At what point does the vehicle drive in a negative way. I was thinking of 33 to 35 inch tires with a lift.

I may also be taking the vehicle to morocco or a weeks off roading with a friend of mine.

Thanks again everyone

Paul
Old 08-14-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

I have had my Jku since late December. I was apprehensive about buying American since I have owned 3 toyota tacomas, 1 t100, & 2 tundras. My family owned a towing service here in the U.S. And when I worked there for a period of 5 years I got to see first hand the issues American vehicles had versus Foreign. This is why I loved Toyotas and Hondas. It seemed the only time I got to see them was when the were being towed to a body shop. I seemed to always be picking up American cars & trucks for warranty work. Then the last 2008 Tundra I owned seemed to lack the fit and finish I had become to expect. This led me to trading it in for a used Chevy Tahoe that teally surprized me. It was well built. This was what led me to take a chance on my Jeep. I believe it is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. I'm not saying its the most reliable because I only have 10,000 miles so far. Its not the most fuel efficient either but 20+ mpg is not the worst. Bottom line is it is fun. Fun to drive. My kids and all their friends always pick my jeep over my wifes crv. I think its fit and finish could most definately be better but it could be alot worse. For what I spent for it I am very happy. I am no longer a Toyota man. I am proud to say I own a jeep. A bonus is now I'm helping the economy here. Somewhat anyways.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Junkie

I love my Jeep except the rear diff started to leak oil at 1500 miles. Ill get it fixed when I get the gears changed. My Mazda 626 doesnt leak a bit of oil anywhere... it has 290,000 miles on it. :(
Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

I've had my '11 Sport 6sp since January with zero issues. I love it, just wish I had more money to mod it. Go for it, you will not regret it!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive had my jk sport 6 speed since june. The only problem ive had with it is a leak on the passenger door. Not to bad though. Overall im very happy with my jk.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had mine since early July, Now has 2700 miles on it. I took a short vacation and put roughly 900 miles on my Jeep in 5 days. It was comfortable on the long interstate trip and is comfortable around town (I'm 6'2 210lbs).

Have had no issues, knew the 3.8 was underpowered long before I bought it, I'm sure the diesel with all that torque will be nice though.

Just get the Jeep, you will love it!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought 2011 sport 6 speed in October and it is the most fun driving vehicle I've owned. Comparing it to discovery, mini, numerous jettas, a landcruiser, 4 runner, and a few more. Jeep is awesome! Put bilstein shocks on it and this resolved the loose boat-like driving experience. Suggest those shocks to everyone now. They make a vehicle feel solid and my jeep drives heavy on the road. I love it!!! The seals on the jeep doors are amazing! manual transmission is suggested. As far as drivability goes, get the highest numerical gears you can there. Here we have 3.21, 3.73, and rubicon has 4.10. I got 3.21 on the sport and now realize how this affects driving. Because of my gearing, 265 75r16's are as big as I can go. Have 30inch tires now and the jeep is slow at that. Couldn't imagine what it would be like with 32s, or 33's. Get one after you do your homework. You will not regret it. And if you can, get the freedom hardtop!!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WXman
You drive a Rover and you're worried about Jeep reliability?
.......X2!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

beat me to it. almost as quirky as my jag v12.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only problems I had was
Windshield leak - urethane was not installed right dealer put in a new windshield and fixed

Hardtop leaked - fixed with some sealer
Other then that it's top notch

My iPhone doesn't like to play music through the bluetooth it sounds like crap to be honest or it will randomly play a loud screeching sounds. But I'm pretty sure there's an update.

The fit n finish is better with the new interior In my opinion.
All around a great jeep I'm not a big fan of the pre 11 interiors or the new 3.6 so a 2011 it was for me, fits my need perfectly.

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?