Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issues with mine... no leaks, no ticks, all is well.

We don't have the diesel option in the US and our gas engine is under powered but fairly "bullet proof" (reliable).

I am 6' 4" and I have plenty of room and it is comfortable on trips.

Good luck!!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You drive a Rover and you're worried about Jeep reliability?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd owned my 2011 JK for a couple of months now. I used to drive a 2004 (bought in 2003) Ford Ranger 4WD.

I think the engine is underpowered. I wish the tranny was a 5 speed. I hate how it downshifts all the time. In cruise control, the Jeep tends to slow down quite a bit (4 MPH) before downshifting to keep up speed. The Ranger never did that. Not sure how the diesel will compare. Radio reception is the worse I've had in any vehicle. Probably has something to do with where the antenna is mounted. I've had no mechanical problems so far.

But those are nitpicks (except maybe the underpowered engine) and, overall, I'm quite happy with the Jeep. BTW, I've owned two others in the past and this one is by far the nicest.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have had mine for about a month now. 1300 no problems at all. The under power was fixed with a K&N CAI. So now I plenty of pep!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 4000 miles on my 2011 rubicon jku. I'm very anal about my vehicles so the little things bother me but I like fixing things too. I have had to adjust all 4 doors and rear tailgate they rattled. I've had my intermediate steering shaft replaced once. My draglink was loose causing a bump in steering so I used a needle and greased the tierods which fixed the issue. I've had my steering wheel controls recently stop working but fixed by honking horn. I don't believe for a second these jeeps are built with quality but I have enjoyed this vehicle more than any so far. The interior is 100 percent better. The older models interior scratched extremely easily, I drove and looked at these every year since they came out.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
2011 Unlimited Rubicon here. Had the steering wheel radio controls go out twice, most recently about 4 months ago. A punch to the steering wheel fixed and it hasn't been back.

The main thing that bugs me is a soft top leak above the front passenger doorframe. I keep having to pull the passenger side drainplugs and carpet to let it dry out because its rainy season here and rains daily. A quick but intense storm leaves maybe an inch of water pooled in the front passenger footwell.

Need to take it in to the dealer because I think there is a service bulletin on this leak. (Driver side also leaks but its just a few drops and not very often.)
There is a fix that the dealer will do for the passenger leak. Brought mine in for an oil change and they installed a bracket across the sunrider soft top. It is not noticeable.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
2011 Unlimited Rubicon here. Had the steering wheel radio controls go out twice, most recently about 4 months ago. A punch to the steering wheel fixed and it hasn't been back.

The main thing that bugs me is a soft top leak above the front passenger doorframe. I keep having to pull the passenger side drainplugs and carpet to let it dry out because its rainy season here and rains daily. A quick but intense storm leaves maybe an inch of water pooled in the front passenger footwell.

Need to take it in to the dealer because I think there is a service bulletin on this leak. (Driver side also leaks but its just a few drops and not very often.)
I went to go get my first service yesterday on my 2011. I haven't had your problem but they told me about it and installed new firmware so that it wouldn't happen to me. Sounds like it's an easy fix.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

15k mikes on my 2011 jku. No issues at all. Best jeep ive owned so far.:thumbsup
Old 08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

No issues with mine. Love it!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm in the states, so obviously I have the gas engine, but 20,000 miles on my 2011 2 door and no problems yet

Quick Reply: 2011 JK Owners only. Reliability and build quality?