Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 Rubicon Cloth Interior?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Rubicon Cloth Interior?

All be damned, in all the hours that I spend reading this forum I never once caught that Yes Essential Fabric was replaced by Wallace 2 cloth. . . . . . Guess this went out the door with the 2 tone leather seats sliding in.

Anyhow, does anyone know the difference? I could have sworn that Yes Essential was waterproof but dont recall.

What I have in my Rubi is certainly not, and does not hold up to kids very well (only been a month).
Old 07-19-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKChandler
All be damned, in all the hours that I spend reading this forum I never once caught that Yes Essential Fabric was replaced by Wallace 2 cloth. . . . . . Guess this went out the door with the 2 tone leather seats sliding in.

Anyhow, does anyone know the difference? I could have sworn that Yes Essential was waterproof but dont recall.

What I have in my Rubi is certainly not, and does not hold up to kids very well (only been a month).
I have the vinyl in my 2008 X. Very pleased with it so far. Think it's even better than the leather option. Not sure if it's waterproof though. Probably not. Maybe water resistant.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turtoni
I have the vinyl in my 2008 X. Very pleased with it so far. Think it's even better than the leather option. Not sure if it's waterproof though. Probably not. Maybe water resistant.
Ya, i may have gotten "resistant" in my head to translate to waterproof. I know it was an upgrade when you purchased a Rubicon in the last couple years. Oh well, doesnt really change my view of the car. Just thought it was interesting.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKChandler
Ya, i may have gotten "resistant" in my head to translate to waterproof. I know it was an upgrade when you purchased a Rubicon in the last couple years. Oh well, doesnt really change my view of the car. Just thought it was interesting.
Then i say vinyl, it isn't cloth at all. It's like a pretend/faux leather. I'm not sure what the other materials are like but i'm glad i didn't get cloth. Just happened on gettin the vinyl as part of the base package with the 2door i picked up.

You can get some pretty damn nice seat covers, so if your cloth doesn't hold up that might be a way to go.

Funny how the left side of the drivers seat ALWAYS starts wrinkling and bunching up some as it breaks in. I think that happens with every fabric.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the cloth seats in my 09 X.. After the first 3,000 miles the right side of my driver's side seat was freyed just like an old sweater.. When I brought it in for the 3k maintenance, they replaced the seat cover, but made it seem as if they were doing me a favor!! I asked them what they expect it would like after 30,000 miles if it looked like that after only 3k!! Now I'm at 17,000 and everything is holding up rather well.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the YES seats. They surely aren't waterproof. The texture pattern also captures dirt and mud and makes it hard to get out. I wouldn't call them something I couldn't live without.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by saltman
I have the YES seats. They surely aren't waterproof. The texture pattern also captures dirt and mud and makes it hard to get out. I wouldn't call them something I couldn't live without.
it also catches weeds leaves and stickers when on the trail with top off. i have to pick the debris out with tweezers sometimes.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brashanic
it also catches weeds leaves and stickers when on the trail with top off. i have to pick the debris out with tweezers sometimes.
Interesting, good to know. Glad to know im not missing out on much. . . .

Seat covers sound like the right idea.

Quick Reply: 2010 Rubicon Cloth Interior?