Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 mountain

Old 09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the work done finally !!! Dealer put the rubicon shocks and stabilizer on, and it made a difference. Steering feels tighter no shake in wheel, it does hit a little harder but thats ok . Corporate originally discussed with me about paying the taxes on the parts but when I picked up my jeep dealer said n/c . So my advice is if anyone is buying a mountain please test drive over some bumps and asked dealer about the upgraded shocks. Again this option is not available on the mountain, only the islander and its a upgrade on some others. I guess kudos to chrysler for stepping up to the plate.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
you spent $32,000 on a Mountain Edition JK?

You go back there and get a Rubicon for $32,000.

As for your dilemma, I don't believe it's the shocks that are the issue..
You bought what you bought, if you thought it was what it actually is not, then you should have gone through everything very finely before signing.
The dash shake could be an underlying issue, which needs checked out if it's a real problem. Good luck with your search
Whoa...I paid WAYYYYYY less for my 10 Rubicon.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 on the bumpsteer. Its caused by your drag link and track bar. It's NORMAL. When you hit a bump, your axle goes up. However, it does not go straight up. It will swing left and right because of the trackbar. Its designed to work in an arc. The drag link works in the same fashion. When the axle goes up (or down) the effective length shortens, thus making the wheels turn slightly. Does that make sense? Crawl under the front and look at the parts and try to imagine what happens with large suspension movements. Then sit in the driver seat, hands off the steering wheel, and have someone bounce the front bumper up and down. You may be suprised at how much the steering wheel moves.

This is what happens when you hit a bump while driving, except its exaggereted with speed.

Now the rattle is a separate issue. It should not do that.

CE
Old 09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I cannot believe the Islander gets the Rubicon shocks and the Mountain doesn't ... that's pretty dumb.

Also .. All 2010's got the new HD Steering Stabilizer ... There should have been no difference between the Mountain or the Rubicon.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you are under warranty with an 07-09 the dealer will replace your stabilizer/dampner with the HD one free of charge..

I had to have the one in my 09 replaced.. not because of any known steering issue but because it started leaking...

however I did notice less bump steer after it was done..

my 10 seems fine... the ride is different becuase of going from a 4 door to a 2 door.. but nothing out of the ordinary for a wrangler.. I guess ive had so many im used to the way they steer.. ive just got a bone stock sport, with the 17" and associated wrangler tires..

-Christopher
Old 09-08-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the Mountain edition, I just bought a 4-door I want to compare. Thank You
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

I had to have the one in my 09 replaced.. not because of any known steering issue but because it started leaking...
same thing with mine. it did slightly improve, or at least i convinced myself it did!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

over 32 for the mountain! jeeeeebus

I just paid 27800 for my 4 door mountain, sorry you spent the 32 on yours that stinks

Last edited by jknit; 09-08-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 mountain