Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 mountain

Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmat1980
If a Mountain Sticker is $32K, what the hell is a rubi going for these days?? $40K...

I paid $28 for my Rubi Sorry about your problems, good luck getting them taken care of...
You got a Rubi U new from the dealer for 28k? Nice! I thought I got a good deal on my 2010 JKU Sport S w/hardtop and LSD for a few bills over 27k (1k ish under the dealer invoice...got a copy of it). I just couldn't quite get the funds for a Rubi, figured I would be doing upgrades anyway, after the warranty.

OP, I would make them make it right or at least try to appeal to their business reputation. With only 2k on it, it should not be having that many issues. I hope they make you a happy customer.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MysticAlpaca
You got a Rubi U new from the dealer for 28k? Nice! I thought I got a good deal on my 2010 JKU Sport S w/hardtop and LSD for a few bills over 27k (1k ish under the dealer invoice...got a copy of it). I just couldn't quite get the funds for a Rubi, figured I would be doing upgrades anyway, after the warranty.

OP, I would make them make it right or at least try to appeal to their business reputation. With only 2k on it, it should not be having that many issues. I hope they make you a happy customer.

When I found out the Mountain was a Sport with decals and wheels I bailed. It's what I thought I wanted till I discovered the Islander had upgraded suspension and the Mountain didn't. I got my 2010 Rubi for just about the exact same price as the Mountain would have been. I sure hope you get your Jeep up to par.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Third Wave
When I found out the Mountain was a Sport with decals and wheels I bailed. It's what I thought I wanted till I discovered the Islander had upgraded suspension and the Mountain didn't. I got my 2010 Rubi for just about the exact same price as the Mountain would have been. I sure hope you get your Jeep up to par.
Nice, just goes to show not all great deals are created equal. However that being said this Sport S with LSD is great. I took it on a more difficult to most difficult trail a couple of weeks ago and it ate the trail up, no worries. I think these rigs are really well equipped stock. Of course after the trail run I now has a small list of must gets should I ever try that type of trail in the near future.

It's a Jeep Wrangler...how can you go wrong?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by conquest
when i was at the dealer for the rattle, i heard the lady in service tell a customer that had your same symptoms say there was nothing wrong with vehicle was in spec and called it road crown that was causing it.
When dealers have no idea how to diagnose an alignment issue, 9 times out of 10 they'll reach into their Trusty Bag of Bullshit and claim it's "road crown." Not as common as "could not duplicate problem," but close.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Third Wave
I hear ya, too late for me now. Hopefully I hear something from corporate on tuesday. Dealer has not called yet me of course. I still like the jeep but a little disappointed with the situation. I know its not a cadillac in ride quality just think it should be a little better. There is something out there to take care of this, just have to find it. Unfortunately there are not that many mountains out there. Ct. roads are crap. I will keep everyone posted. If corporate will not do anything I am asking if i can replace shocks and stabilizer with aftermarket and not void warranty. They just need to understand that we are not going blazing through the woods and hitting the bumps, its city and highway driving that makes it uncomfortable. driving slow you can recover going fast another story.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
When dealers have no idea how to diagnose an alignment issue, 9 times out of 10 they'll reach into their Trusty Bag of Bullshit and claim it's "road crown." Not as common as "could not duplicate problem," but close.
i had to take 1 mechanic, a salesman, and finally service manager pawn all for a ride because they said i had to duplicate issue. they all agreed it was there but will do nothing. the last thing the new service manager said was that he wanted to shim the caster angle to help with my issue. again this vehicle has not been lifted, only the rubicon tire wheel pkg. i don't think they even have a clue
Old 08-09-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

hhmmm. to the op-

test drive other jeeps for comparison sake?

i packed lunch to 4 different jeep dealerships every weekend for about 5 months and test drove every jeep on the lot until they started kicking me out.

the jeep i bought and like the jeeps I test rode, all, and i mean all of them, when hitting speed bumps at any speed felt as though the tires and wheels are buckling underneath the jeep and there is a slight/split second in my mind where i think that the jeeps front wheels are going to come in together like this: /\ and im going to crash.

i think its a jeep thang.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by conquest
why would they offer upgraded suspension on the islander and not the mountain. islander i think beach and mountain i think moab. should have been other way around. for a 32k vehicle i don't think it should drive like it does
I got to thinking about that and I suspect, based off the graphics and the word Islander, they are referring to Hawaii.

When I visited my Aunt on the Big Island last summer we rented a Jeep. Those lava and basalt fields are murder, crazy rugged side roads and trails. In fact that trip and rental is what prompted me to purchase my Jeep.

Obviously a Cali beach comber is not what they had in mind I think.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

One or two test drives in different Jeeps will tell the tale. My '10 unlimited sport feels stiff and jarring over road hazards but secure and sure footed as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Jarring

My Rubi is my first "convertable" vehicle & as an ex mechanic/lifetime gearhead every car mag test drive of a convertable they had the same complaint as yours. What your experiencing may be worse than just that I don't know. Good luck I hope you eventually are satisfied w/your Moubtain. PS from all I've seen on specs from Jeep.com Mtn/Islander are just upholstery,decal & wheel & tire upgrades, I see no "different" suspension pkg.

Quick Reply: 2010 mountain