Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 JK Whislte w/ Hard Top!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it didnt come with a Tow Package then it does not and will not have the trailer sway dampening... basically your screwed... if you want a tow package make sure your Jeep comes with it!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

OK. Had what seems the same problem. Try using three layers of masking tape or just use one layer of duct tape and tape off the entire windshield edge where thre is a void between the glass and the frame. Hopefully the whistle will stop. If so go to walmart and buy some clear aquarium aireator line which is approx. $2.50 for 25 feet. Mash that in the gap between the glass and frame. Take your time and keep it level and it will look almost factory installed. Test drive and hopefully you are whistle free. This is what I did after the dealer replaced the windshield once and the header seal twice attempting to find it. It was driving me crazy! If the line has worked for you and the problem is isolated you could consider filling that void with a permatex windshield sealer which is also available at walmart. It is black and would look factory if you took your time. Good luck, I know that whistle and I feel sorry for your wifes' sanity! It is so annoying.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

We had a whistle in our 08 hard top and it turned out to be from the passenger side mirror! We just moved a little bit and that stopped it! I guess the airflow caught it in such an angle that it made the whistle!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Now you know why Jeep has a 144 page water leak

repair manual available on their website. They all leak, including the 2009 and 2010s.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4jlcc
OK. Had what seems the same problem. Try using three layers of masking tape or just use one layer of duct tape and tape off the entire windshield edge where thre is a void between the glass and the frame. Hopefully the whistle will stop. If so go to walmart and buy some clear aquarium aireator line which is approx. $2.50 for 25 feet. Mash that in the gap between the glass and frame. Take your time and keep it level and it will look almost factory installed. Test drive and hopefully you are whistle free. This is what I did after the dealer replaced the windshield once and the header seal twice attempting to find it. It was driving me crazy! If the line has worked for you and the problem is isolated you could consider filling that void with a permatex windshield sealer which is also available at walmart. It is black and would look factory if you took your time. Good luck, I know that whistle and I feel sorry for your wifes' sanity! It is so annoying.

4jlcc posted the above mentioned fix that he pioneered awhile ago. I had same problem whistle - the line fixed it! The gap combined with the windshield not originally being set far enough into the frame and/or properly sealed creates the turbulance/whistle starting around 40mph. Now the windshield is going to utimately get replaced soon due to subsequent rock chips. Will then have new one set in and sealed properly. Again, 4jlcc ingenius and cheap find!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Glad it helped you out. I must confess that the cheap aquarium line was a coworkers idea after I griped about the high cost of small diameter vacuum line I had found at the parts store.

Last edited by 4jlcc; 03-18-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Whislte w/ Hard Top!