Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 JK Whislte w/ Hard Top!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so Jeep has it back... Taped off EVERYTHING!! LOL and it was still whistling dixie... LAst time I checked this was something for the dealer to fix. I have used the blue tape on the windshield and still was whistling just fine with it completly covered. maybe it does just need a little more silicone in around the seal. I have not tried to remove the antenna or the mirrors just yet. The clowns at Lithia Jeep in Roseburg scratched the crap out of my paint when the put the first seal in so the other dealership is fixing that as well as a new seal... again... and they are adding the "trailer sway dampning" to my Jeep since I bought it with a tow package they charged me full price for and didnt add the software. My wife is so p.o'ed right now she wants us to take advantage of the Lemon Law here in Oregon and go buy an Audi

A4- $30K NEW!! and I bet it doesnt whistle!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jlcornelius
Ok, so Jeep has it back... Taped off EVERYTHING!! LOL and it was still whistling dixie... LAst time I checked this was something for the dealer to fix. I have used the blue tape on the windshield and still was whistling just fine with it completly covered. maybe it does just need a little more silicone in around the seal. I have not tried to remove the antenna or the mirrors just yet. The clowns at Lithia Jeep in Roseburg scratched the crap out of my paint when the put the first seal in so the other dealership is fixing that as well as a new seal... again... and they are adding the "trailer sway dampning" to my Jeep since I bought it with a tow package they charged me full price for and didnt add the software. My wife is so p.o'ed right now she wants us to take advantage of the Lemon Law here in Oregon and go buy an Audi

A4- $30K NEW!! and I bet it doesnt whistle!!!!
Yea, but if you take the top off....well that will cost ya...or if you take it off road...yea that will cost ya...or if.....
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

they are adding the "trailer sway dampning" to my Jeep since I bought it with a tow package they charged me full price for and didnt add the software.
How would you know if it has the trailer sway dampening software?

I ask because the dealer added the towing package to mine also.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

you have to get the VIN breakdown, if it was added after the fact then no it does not have it.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
JK Newbie

you have to get the VIN breakdown, if it was added after the fact then no it does not have it.
Originally Posted by db99wj
Yea, but if you take the top off....well that will cost ya...or if you take it off road...yea that will cost ya...or if.....
TRUE THAT!!! LOL!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

So, I have it back from the dealer, it still whistles, jeep calls that a non-problem design defect. Also it still leaks, again design issue, and it still shakes it like a salt shaker when you put it in reverses on a incline ( i guess thats a bonus feature?)

I am gonna call the BBB and report this issue, I strongly incourage anyone who has an issue with your Jeep they wont fix to call the Better Buisness Bureau and report their poor production quality and maybe some day we can get a decent vehicle from Crapsler oops I mean Chrystler...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.bbb.org/

We can never expect a company to produce a quality product unless we hold them accountable for their action or lack of action...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

http://www.bbb.org/

We can never expect a company to produce a quality product unless we hold them accountable for their action or lack of action...
Go figure... Jeep does not participate in the BBB.... no wonder...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Eugene
2121 Martin Luther King JR Blvd
Eugene, OR 97401-2470
View Report | File Complaint Auto Dealers - New Cars No

They dont participate in the BBB either....
Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Buyer Beware...

"Based on BBB files, Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Eugene has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F"

"Reasons for this rating include:
Failure to respond to 5 complaints filed against business."

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Whislte w/ Hard Top!