Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 JK Sahara Unlimited and a transmission cooler

Old 12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 JK Sahara Unlimited and a transmission cooler

I have the Unlimited with a tow package,. I am going to start towing a small RV and decided I better add a transmission cooler. I called my dealer and was told "you don't need one, the 2010 JK already has one built in".

Interesting. I am pretty sure I do need one one and I doubt a factory one will give good service.

Any thoughts?

I think I will go ahead and install a B&M supercooler because my dealer is less then impressive when it comes to Wranglers.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The factory trans cooler is to small and buried in the bottom of the a/c condenser out of direct airflow. If your going to be towing a camper I would definately install an aftermarket cooler.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I din't know that the 10's had a aux cooler. Why does mine still overheat?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Newbie

Having found out here that the factory tranny cooler is buried in with the A/C condenser and totally away from any air flow. It may help but probably very little. Very bad engineering design.

I am adding a B&M cooler.. My dealer gave me a hartd time about it but they have never impressed me with their Jeep knowledge. I learn more here than I ever will at the dealer.

Last edited by BudMan5; 12-30-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

so which part # b&m are you guys using?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm interested too. I probably won't be doing any towing, but may ride on the beach for extended periods.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BudMan5
I have the Unlimited with a tow package,. I am going to start towing a small RV and decided I better add a transmission cooler. I called my dealer and was told "you don't need one, the 2010 JK already has one built in".

Interesting. I am pretty sure I do need one one and I doubt a factory one will give good service.

Any thoughts?

I think I will go ahead and install a B&M supercooler because my dealer is less then impressive when it comes to Wranglers.
I also thought there was a cooler. My 2008 has a tranny cooler, just found out a few days ago, when i started seeing drip marks. There seems there are a few jeeps with the lower line leaking by the crimp. theres a thread on the leak.

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Sahara Unlimited and a transmission cooler