Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 JK Camber?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 JK Camber?

Just put a set of wheels on my new 2010 JK Unlimited, with Goodyear factory stock back on til I can afford the tires. I had them check the alignment and all looked well except for the right front. I think stock is like a -.3 inch camber, but the right front came back at -.6 inch. Seeing how you cant adjust camber, what do I need to do or is this difference acceptable and how will it affect handling and tire wear?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grady
Just put a set of wheels on my new 2010 JK Unlimited, with Goodyear factory stock back on til I can afford the tires. I had them check the alignment and all looked well except for the right front. I think stock is like a -.3 inch camber, but the right front came back at -.6 inch. Seeing how you cant adjust camber, what do I need to do or is this difference acceptable and how will it affect handling and tire wear?
There is no camber adjustment on jk's unless u install aftermarket offset balljoints.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by grady
Never heard of camber in inches. Here are the specs from the factory:

CAMBER − 0.25° (fixed angle) ± 0.37°
MAX LT/RT DIFFERENCE ± 0.5°

I suppose you could do some math and get an inch reference for top of tire displacement inboard.

Edit to add:
A quick calculation shows -.25° = 0.070" inboard tilt at the top of a 32" tire.

Are you sure your figures are not supposed to be in degrees?
If so, your figures are within limits.

Last edited by ronjenx; 02-28-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Never heard of camber in inches. Here are the specs from the factory:

CAMBER − 0.25° (fixed angle) ± 0.37°
MAX LT/RT DIFFERENCE ± 0.5°

I suppose you could do some math and get an inch reference for top of tire displacement inboard.

Edit to add:
A quick calculation shows -.25° = 0.070" inboard tilt at the top of a 32" tire.

Are you sure your figures are not supposed to be in degrees?
If so, your figures are within limits.
It may have been in degrees. I just assumed it was inches from parallel. I know the display showed the left at -.3 and the right at -.6. If it is in degrees, then that would have it within the tolerance of plus or minus .37 as you stated. Guess I will quit worrying about it. Appreicate your help.

Quick Reply: 2010 JK Camber?