Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Questons

Old 10-28-2011, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Questons

Hi all,

My wife is going into 22nd week of pregnancy and as she is getting bigger she is starting to have hard time getting on our JK with out my help. So, I was wondering if anyone aware of addtional step I can install on the existing stock side step? I did research on it but no luck.

Also, I bought this JK March 2011 and i currently have 8,500 kms and still haven't got my oil change light. Shouldn't have come on by now? I still haven't done my oil change since and just waiting for the the light to pop.

Please let me know

Thanks

Greg
Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have an 07 and I have never seen my oil change light...I would just go by mileage, but that's just me.
Now i'm not trying to compare your wife to my dog but I keep a 2x2 cube in the back for him, or you could just make something with a couple 2x4's...throw it on the ground for her to get in, then throw it in the back...plus after she gives birth you won't have any mods done to your jeep once she's able to climb in again
Old 10-28-2011, 12:32 PM
kik
JK Freak

I wouldn't hang anything off of the original side steps; won't be stable enough. Get a small stow away step and you'll be fine. About that first oil change, the first one is critical. You've gone way too long. If you just listen to a computer logarithm you'll be doing Chrysler a favor when your engine doesn't last as long as it should. According to your manual, you should be doing at least 2 oil changes per year regardless of the mileage.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife gave birth to our first child less than 2 months ago. She would complain about getting into my 09 Sahara as well. I started to look at how she was trying to get in the vehicle, and I noticed that she was trying to literally climb in. She is about average height (5' 4" ish) and I do not have a lift (I know, it's sad). I found that if she basically turned around, with her butt more or less to the seat, and then stepped one foot on the factory running board it was easier. She could grab the handle I have on the roll cage, and lift/side her butt into the seat rather than trying to climb in face first and twist herself around.

If you don't have the factory steps, then you may look into getting a set of sliders. A lot of them have a type of step built in.

Hope this helps, and good luck with everything.

Quick Reply: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Questons