Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2008 recall?????

Old 11-12-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 recall?????

I noticed some post bout the 2007 recalls does anyone know about recalls for the 08? do any of those 07 recalls apply or were the issues taken care of before the 08's came out?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out "Recalls" at: http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/ (left colum).

Enter last 8 digit of your VIN#, and it will tell you if your JK has recall or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

haha, if it doesn't work the first time when entering that VIN, don't get frustrated. i had to keep entering/refreshing that page with the SAME THING about 3-4 times until it processed my vehicle!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Automatic Notification

Does anybody remember whether DC's automatic notification is more/less timely than what you can see if you hit this site with your VIN? It's be pretty straightforward to hack a script to check daily and email a notification if the online page is more timely then the official snail-mail notification.

My JK is relatively new and hasn't had a recall yet -- if someone would be willing share a VIN with a recall, I could start looking at what the web page content looks like and hack a "How's Waldo" automatic notifier to go along with Where's Waldo...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirk
Does anybody remember whether DC's automatic notification is more/less timely than what you can see if you hit this site with your VIN? It's be pretty straightforward to hack a script to check daily and email a notification if the online page is more timely then the official snail-mail notification.

My JK is relatively new and hasn't had a recall yet -- if someone would be willing share a VIN with a recall, I could start looking at what the web page content looks like and hack a "How's Waldo" automatic notifier to go along with Where's Waldo...
Well lets just say DC's update is just fking great! Mine had a recall and their website didn't show sh*t for my vin and I never got a letter either. I found out through here and took mine in.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

mine showed mine being recalled back in july but I did not get a letter until oct
Old 11-14-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

were those recalls on the 08's and what was the recalls for?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dirk

From my experience I find this site to be timlier than DC. I knew about a recall here first and had it taken care of at the dealer before the notice came in the mail....
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Can someone with a recall give How's Waldo a test run and let me know if you get the recall notice? Once this is validated, I can enable the subscribe/unsubscribe notification part... Suggestions?

Quick Reply: 2008 recall?????