Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2008 Limited Life Time Power-Train Warranty Issue

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Limited Life Time Power-Train Warranty Issue

5 years ago, I bought a brand new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. This model came with the limited lifetime power-train warranty. I've had every thing changed and services as Jeep has requested. The warranty requires that every 5 years you have it inspected to make sure everything is still working properly. I recently had my jeep in for the inspection, which it passed. However, while in for the inspection, they informed me that I am 2 months past the deadline to get the inspection done and that Chrysler might reject the inspection, no longer covering my power-train. I got the call this morning from my dealership, telling me that that this is case and that I might have better luck to call Chrysler myself. I called, and have basically been getting the run-around from Chrysler and my dealership. They both tell me that they can't make the decision, but that the decision is final and there's no one else I can call to remedy this situation. Has any one else had this issue? If so were they able to get it resolved.

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The owner's manual states that you need to get your Jeep inspected every 5 years (60 days before or 60 days after your purchase date).

How far past the 60 day grace period were you?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure the'd love to get all the lifetime JKs off the road one way or another since it's not transferrable. I get a call from my dealer (or an agency making the calls for Chrysler) wanting me to trade in for a new, better gas mileage???? JK. I thank them and go about my business. I have highlighted my calendar for the dates to get inspected this coming December. I don't want to miss the required date by a day a minute or second

Quick Reply: 2008 Limited Life Time Power-Train Warranty Issue