Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2008 JKU Coolant Leak

Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 JKU Coolant Leak

About a month ago, temps starting going all over the place while sitting in traffic. We had some pretty cold weather the week prior and noticed my heat wasn't working too well. Figured I would start with replacing the thermostat and water pump.

Turns out those didn't solve the issue so fast forward to a coolant temperature sensor replaced, radiator flushed, heater core flushed, and now the intake manifold gasket replaced and I'm still getting a slow drip of coolant out the back of the motor. I noticed this one night while grabbing something out of the garage and in a tantrum of frustration, pulled off the upper and intake manifold in probably record time to try and see where the leak was coming from. Replaced the intake manifold gasket again and it's still doing the same thing.

I can't tell if I'm just a terrible mechanic or if I'm having some other kind of issue. I did a block test and fortunately it came back negative. I've followed all torque specs on everything, and pretty much done everything by the book. Going to try a pressure test this week but since it's on the back of the engine, I'm having a really hard time pinpointing anything with a little mirror and flashlight. Anybody else have similar issues?

Many thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 2008 JKU Coolant Leak