Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2007 Rubicon E Disco Motor Wiring Harness Question

Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Rubicon E Disco Motor Wiring Harness Question

Hello, I'm new to the forum and after searching this site and other Wrangler forums, I didn't find anything relating directly to what I'm about to ask. As I mentioned in the title, I thought this would be a good time to the E Disco motor rotation. Once I got the stock bumper off, I realized that the wiring harness plug that connects to the e disco motor was unplugged and zip tied around one of the other wires. It's a strange looking connector with a bunch of blue plastic pins in it. There are 3 female sleeves attached to the wires themselves that slide over 3 male pins recessed into the male part of the electrical box that is connected to the e disco motor. I simply cannot get this thing connected. I thought I might pack it with dielectric grease while it's off too but my question is does anybody know how to connect it? It looks simple enough but when I try to push it together it just stops before the plastic lock tabs around the outside engage. The blue plastic pins appear to help line up the connection but it doesn't help how the connection is so recessed. Also, could someone please tell me how to post pictures so I could explain this better? : ) Thanks so much!

Last edited by Matt7231; 04-21-2024 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

There is a lever that draws it in. move the lever away from the pins and insert the plug then push the lever back towards the pin side
Old 07-09-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
There is a lever that draws it in. move the lever away from the pins and insert the plug then push the lever back towards the pin side
Thanks for your quick reply. I've seen now that the entire black plastic electrical box can be removed from the motor itself after moving the gray lever to the side. I'm not sure why whoever removed the plug didn't just do it the right way and take the whole thing off rather than removing the harness plug only and leaving the rest of the black plastic box attached. Once I pulled the rest of the box off the motor I was able to line up the 3 little pins because I could see them coming through the holes from the back. After this, there is a little blue slider bar piece that slides in through the side to keep the wires there. Now lets just hope my goofy sway bar functions lol. Thanks again! : )
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is a thread showing how the e-disco works, if you are interested:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Here is a thread showing how the e-disco works, if you are interested:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-study-153545/
I was just looking at that actually It's a great post and the pictures are really helpful too. I did get that connector back together too so now I just have to go to the store and get my longer M10 bolt to go through the hanger for the motor's new position.

Quick Reply: 2007 Rubicon E Disco Motor Wiring Harness Question