Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Have you taken good care of your JK and experienced similar engine problems?
Yes, I have.
19.23%
Nope, knocking on wood.
80.77%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

2007 JK Engine blown!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Can you wait 'til you find out if you have the Lifetime warranty?
Chrysler did upgrade my warrenty from the 3/36 to Lifetime but the repair still has to be authorized. in other words they need to make sure that its a vehicle defect and not consumer neglect for example.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gijeep
Complete BS... your registration and sales paper should be enough.. i took delivery of my 07 in 08 as a left over, i have had to show my "unlimited warrante" paperwork before though to prove it.

I agree, it is complete BS and if you and anyone else on this forum isn't aware you are required to request that your JK be inspected once every 5 years to keep your lifetime warranty. Simply going for an oil change to my knowledge doesn't satisfy the requirement you have to actually ask for that inspection to be performed at your cost. That in my opinion is real BS
Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by humdezign
Chrysler did upgrade my warrenty from the 3/36 to Lifetime but the repair still has to be authorized. in other words they need to make sure that its a vehicle defect and not consumer neglect for example.
Or wasn't caused by a Teraflex 2.5" lift?

Good luck...I hope they take care of you!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

I am adding this to the engine problem threads:

The engine number is located on the rear of the block, just below the cylinder head, on the drivers side. There will be two sets of numbers. The first set is the engine number, the second set nearby is the last 8 digits of your VIN.

The second character in the engine number represents the manufacturing plant.

S = Saltillo
T = Trenton

Check your engines. Maybe we can see if the plant location has anything to do with engine failures.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jtjk
sorry to hear you are having such bad luck with your wrangler!!
this is a seriously worrying thing, i have a 07 with 41000 and am now panicing!!!! i bought this car to keep forever ! not to have to rebuid at 50k WTF!!

..so sad right now!

^
This :(
Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Update!!!

Just got the Jeep back today. Total cost $0.00. Current warranty status is lifetime power-train!

I just want to say that Tim the service writer from Naperville dodge / Jeep was outstanding. Very communicative, and when he said something would be done by a specific date or time it always was. Obviously the outcome was what I had hoped for but outcome aside Tim was by far the best service writer I have ever dealt with I highly recommend Naperville Jeep for service and I can also say my next jeep will almost definitely come from there sales department!

Lesson learned, do your own research and though I don't think anyone intended to give me bad or incorrect information double check everything. Tim just looked up my vin and Chrysler's system said 3/36 warranty expired so I dont put that on him at all but had I never looked into it I would have had to shell out 6 grand to fix my jeep because of a "glitch" that had me somehow listed as the second owner of my JK. once that was resolved Chrysler updated there system and Tim promptly took care of me and my JK.

I am very satisfied and am once again comfortable and confident saying I will own a wrangler till the state decides im to old to drive!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's good to hear a happy ending to your story. What did they end up doing? Rebuild, crate motor, new short block???
Old 11-30-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Supplement to the 2006 and the 2007 and the 2008 Model Year

Originally Posted by humdezign
I agree, it is complete BS and if you and anyone else on this forum isn't aware you are required to request that your JK be inspected once every 5 years to keep your lifetime warranty. Simply going for an oil change to my knowledge doesn't satisfy the requirement you have to actually ask for that inspection to be performed at your cost. That in my opinion is real BS
LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

Inspections
In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain
inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years.

This inspection will be performed at no charge.

The inspection
must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue
this coverage.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have felt this pain!
This was my experience awhile back,

I had all my oil changes at the dealer! i'm at 41000 kilometers now. the other day I heard a ding that went a couple of times and later when i got home I checked my oil and it was low very low.... now my engine is making a noise like a rattle... think its my lifters. I was supposed to get my last oil change at 38500 it said on my sticker, there are no leaks, I park in my garage every night and my spot at work has no oil marks anywhere! Its goin in on Friday to the dealership....not happy!

and this is the entire thread.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ng-s-not-right...

Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there smoke? Ive heard of the dealer forgeting to put in the oil.

Quick Reply: 2007 JK Engine blown!!!