Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Have you taken good care of your JK and experienced similar engine problems?
Yes, I have.
19.23%
Nope, knocking on wood.
80.77%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

2007 JK Engine blown!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
mine made a terrible noise on a cold start the other day... been fine since then. I amy have parked it funny to allow the oil to drain out and caused a dry start.

58000 miles on my 2007 motor. It better last me at least till 150K miles
Mine also made this cold start noise a few times but i always assumed it was the starter just fyi. Not sure if its related and it didnt make the noise at all this fall it never got cold enough.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROKLIMO
Mine has 85k miles on it and sounds like two skeletons fighting in a shitcan. Won't be long for me.

I would say thats the most accurate description of the sound i have heard to date!

just a heads up, I am updating the OP so its easy for everyone to track the progress.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I may be able to purchase the lift from you if it comes to that, if you clear up your pm's I have a nice message for you!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by An0maly
I may be able to purchase the lift from you if it comes to that, if you clear up your pm's I have a nice message for you!
PM's are cleared feel free to send. I appreciate the interest in the lift but im praying it dont come to that. I love my jeep just like im sure yall do!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROKLIMO
Mine has 85k miles on it and sounds like two skeletons fighting in a shitcan. Won't be long for me.
I'm going to use that next time I have to take mine in!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

well I found a replacement engine but I hate to admit i aint got an extra 2k anyhow or the skill to do an engine myself. FML!

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...3&partID=60758
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

With all of this talk lately, you guys are freaking me out. Thinking maybe I should buy the extended warranty while I still have time...or maybe it doesn't really matter after all from some instances I have heard - extended warranty is no lifetime powertrain warranty.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck with this, Im hoping Chrysler will step up and help you out along with those unfortunate others having problems with the engines.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickynorthface
With all of this talk lately, you guys are freaking me out. Thinking maybe I should buy the extended warranty while I still have time...or maybe it doesn't really matter after all from some instances I have heard - extended warranty is no lifetime powertrain warranty.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck with this, Im hoping Chrysler will step up and help you out along with those unfortunate others having problems with the engines.
Thank you, I will keep you posted. I wish I knew about the oil consumption issue and I wish I had the extended warranty but to your point would it have mattered?
Old 11-18-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickynorthface
With all of this talk lately, you guys are freaking me out.
I hear that - I'm coming up on 80K on my 2007. At $5-6K for a new shortblock and install, I'm starting to wonder if I should trade it in on a new one .
Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pontiacstogo
I hear that - I'm coming up on 80K on my 2007. At $5-6K for a new shortblock and install, I'm starting to wonder if I should trade it in on a new one .

I was in the dealer last month and almost pulled the trigger on a 2010 since i was worried about being out of warranty. but once me and the old lady started the separation I thought I should save my penny's since I'm only 6k from being paid off.
I am still kicking myself for not trading in. however if the next one was just going to crap out at 50k it would just be delaying the problem. I love my JK and always said I will only own a wrangler from here on out but...

Quick Reply: 2007 JK Engine blown!!!