Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2007 Jeep Jk misfire

Old 08-11-2021, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Jeep Jk misfire

So I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler with the 3.8, having a misfire code P0306, I changed the spark plugs, wires, the injector, and the ignition box. Still has the misfire. The head gasket is good. I also have a code for all 4 of the O2 sensors, could that cause the problem? I need help because I can’t figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas or know how to fix it
Old 08-27-2021, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I would look at the cam or crank shaft sensors which usually cause a lot of problems in the later models with the 3.6L. I would look at carbon build up on the valves which can cause misfires. I used the CRC Intake Valve deposit cleaner and it made a dramatic difference and reduced misfires after only one treatment. You will probably need multiple treatments. You changed your injectors so the lucas isn't needed but I normally would put some lucas fuel injector cleaner in the gas at a strong concentration to clear out your injectors if that is a problem.

Quick Reply: 2007 Jeep Jk misfire