Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2007 heat issue

Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 heat issue

K so twice in the last week my heater has blown cold while sitting still. It's never done this, it's always blown hot air even when not moving. It started after I went to haspin acres and went off roading. Any ideas?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lbgbandit
K so twice in the last week my heater has blown cold while sitting still. It's never done this, it's always blown hot air even when not moving. It started after I went to haspin acres and went off roading. Any ideas?
Is it just your interior heat? Meaning your engine is getting to operating temps, the dash temp gauge is pointing to the middle, but no heat in cabin.

And is it blowing zero heat? Or just luke warm, not hot enough? If your engine isn't warming enough, I'd look to the thermostat.

If the engine is plenty hot but it's just not reaching the interior, then I'd suspect either your heater core is plugged up (feel the inlet/outlet hoses while engine and heater are running) or it could be a blend door issue (several threads on that).

Last edited by Jiblet; 12-08-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Start simple, check coolant level.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Is it just your interior heat? Meaning your engine is getting to operating temps, the dash temp gauge is pointing to the middle, but no heat in cabin. And is it blowing zero heat? Or just luke warm, not hot enough? If your engine isn't warming enough, I'd look to the thermostat. If the engine is plenty hot but it's just not reaching the interior, then I'd suspect either your heater core is plugged up (feel the inlet/outlet hoses while engine and heater are running) or it could be a blend door issue (several threads on that).
great reccomendation x2

Quick Reply: 2007 heat issue