Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2 DR front seat(s) FOLD & TUMBLE

Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sahara07
Wonder why they couldn't have made the back seat rear-facing, so a person could get in & out throught the back?
Same reason they don't do it on most (99%) of all airplanes - it makes people barf - really - they get motion sickness.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably more to do with safety statistics. I have read in planes it would be safer to travel backwards but that suggests to the passengers that planes do crash. They don't want to do that.

In cars,(or Jeeps) there is a high incident of rear end collisions. I have seen video footage of crash dummies flying out the rear window of those backward seats in station wagons and striking the windshield of the car behind them.(They probly weren't restrained with seat belts)
Old 11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way the front seats tilt and slide forward gives you a little less room than the TJ

However my big gripe is with the seatbelt, it ends up crossing the access to the back and I've found no handy way to get it out of the way.

This is a real pain not only for passengers but gets in the way for putting things in the back seat.
:sad:

Quick Reply: 2 DR front seat(s) FOLD & TUMBLE