Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2 door rear seat removal

Old 05-10-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't it just easier to buy a JKU for space?
Old 08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK 2-dr Back seat wanted

Anybody have a "khaki" back seat from a 2-door JK wrangler they want to sell?
I want it for a 3rd seat in my 4-dr. Has to be the khaki though.
Send me a PM if you have one.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

I am looking for a grey one, prefer vinyl/leather.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinez
Whatever you do..don't forget to cuss and sweat!!! Mine wouldn't budge the first time untill I got my blood pressure up and started to curse DC. Then it just came right out.
Just the first time though - it's cake now.
That's exactly what i did too. Even after reading the manual. It's a bit of a bitch but she comes out. AND you DO NOT have to remove the subwoofer AND the head rests DO come off.....mines an 08.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
it removed very easy!!

flip it up,

push down on the long bar(runs the entire length of the seat, from hing to hing), that unlockes it...

removed,,, its alot easier install than the TJ's thats for sure....
I just removed mine for the first time. Took about 15 seconds. The seat is pretty light too. Im wondering if it sucks to put back in? Probably not.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Goes in just as easy as it comes out. TIP: make sure your front seats arent tilted/leaned back at all when you go to install it.

-Adam
Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

I find it easyier with my roof off
Old 08-26-2018, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Hey guys, need some help. I can't get the rear bench seat off. After I lift the release lever and fold the seat forward/down, I can't flip the seat up (and then squeeze the bar to remove the seat). I've seen the instructional videos on YouTube, I see how easy it is. But damn it, the seat won't flip forward. It is a 2015 Rubicon 2-door. I bought it used(I am the second owner) and the guy before me had Katzkin seat covers installed throughout. So I am wondering maybe the installers did something that would cause the bench to not detach/unlock when the release lever is engaged. I really have no idea as this is my very first Jeep. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen this on the thread somewhere and my daughter's had same issue, fold but no pivot.

Saw the PO had put the seat in with the front clips in the down position and forced under the front retaining bars. Brute force on back bar released rear hold downs and then used a mallet to get the fronts from under the retaining bars. Then reset the fronts appropriately, reinstalled, all good.

Good luck

Last edited by CMYGRIN; 08-30-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, so after a little web searching I found a video on YouTube of a mod that allows you to prevent the rear seat from pivoting/flipping up. Apparently when you lift the latch and fold the seat down, that causes an internal cable to pull and disconnect the rear hooks from the Jeep floor, allowing you to pivot/flip the seat up. I took a look and the cables are there and pull when I fold the seat down. My guess is that it is disconnected somewhere inside and results in my seat not pivoting/flipping up. I guess I’m going to have to remove the upholstery and take a look.

Quick Reply: 2 door rear seat removal