Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2 door JK or 4 door JK ?????

Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pontiacstogo
I'm guessing he's referring to imperial gallons not US gallons.

2 door, 4 door - I'd like one of each . But if I had to pick just one, I'd go for the 4 door.
Nope, US gallons; thats what my JKs computer displays along with liters per 100km and all my conversions were calculated using US gallons which as you correctly alluded to are around 20% smaller than imperial gallons.

Last edited by JKlad; 10-01-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my four door because I like to toss my soft doors in the back.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Coondog33
dude...Sr...in HS...get a 2...take the back seat out and mod the shit outta it....youll need a X when the wife and kids come along....ive had both...if I was single I'd have a 2...
I completly agree! I had my 1980 CJ7 in high school then bought my 2010 2dr JK in February freaking love it! Its a beast and I havent even begun on the mods yet.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default you can fit more chicks in a 4dr

and there is more room to romp in the back

and +1 on putting the doors in the back on the fly too. You can stand them up, bungee to the cage, put all your gear in and still lay down in that sucker.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Love the 4 doors.

I wouldn't survive with out all that storage space. I need the long storage area for my snowboard, wakeboard, fly rods, camping gear, etc. Even if I'm just heading out for a weekend adventure by myself, I always manage to fill up the back.

Oh, and let's not forget the large cooler full of beer and the dog.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Got one of each

I have a 4 door and the wife has a 2 door. Before we got the 4 we took the 2 on an 1800 mile road trip, only two of us and the back seat had to come out to make room for everything. The 4 has way more room and is just as capable, on the other had the 2 will turn on a dime and is a lot easier to handle in tight spots. I love them both and drive them about equally.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2dr.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default My vote is for the 2dr

2dr for when you're single and the g/f or wife come along.

Don't even have to worry about 4dr until the kids come. Dog can jump in the back of the 2dr.

I had 3 Jeeps before kids, 2 Wranglers (YJ and TJ) and 1 XJ 4dr. Loved 'em all, but wouldn't get another Wrangler before they came out w/ a 4dr.

In 2007, they did, and I did. Love my 4dr Unlimimted X 4x4 6spd.

Maneuverability? No JK is maneuverable compared to the old jeeps - I don't care if it's 2dr or 4dr. Too wide, like a Hummer H3.

My TJ and YJ would go anywhere, and turn on a dime. But, you couldn't carry anything w/o sacrificing interior space. Ask me about the time I brought back a 200yr old desk in my YJ, w/ wife and dog. It was Christmas time. The further we went, the more gifts and furniture we picked up. Dog started in the way back (seat out), then moved to the rear floorboard, then the space between the two front seats (no console), then under my wife's feet, and for the final 2 hrs of the trip, on her lap!?!

Got it done, though! It's amazing what you can do when you're young, creative, and have an old Jeep to play with.

28mpg? Damn. I hypermiled mine to 22mpg and thought I was doing good - this is US mileage, not UK/Aus. Is yours a diesel?

Enjoy. I'm not selling my 4dr JK ever, only going to add to the fleet. Probably another 4cyl YJ. Loved that beast.

Oh, and my '07 unlimited X is the best, most practical, most comfortable, usable Jeep I've ever owned. It's like my old XJ and TJ spent a long weekend together....

Things I wish mine had - bikini top (gonna buy one some day soon), half doors, and that's about it...)

Island Boy

Last edited by islandboy; 10-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're in a perfect spot for a 4-door. High school is full of friends, and you would have the ultimate road trip vehicle.

College is a good place for a 4-door too...
Old 10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

i went from a 4 door f250. so i had to get a 4 door. the 2 door was just too small for me. hard to go from a full size to a 2 door for me.

Quick Reply: 2 door JK or 4 door JK ?????