Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2 door JK or 4 door JK ?????

Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 Door... enough said.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

I love my 2 door. The short wheelbase is everything, handles like a sports car, turns on a dime. I took the back seat out, so their is a cavernous amount of storage. It's amazing how much room is actually back there without the seat. No family, no back seat, no problem.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

dude...Sr...in HS...get a 2...take the back seat out and mod the shit outta it....youll need a X when the wife and kids come along....ive had both...if I was single I'd have a 2...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are both great, but the 4 door looks more agressive as an off road. I like the unlimited.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

i like my 2dr but if you have more than one friend and plan to go out camping for the weekend you just cant fit the gear u need ...unless you lay down some cash for a roof rack. is it a choice between a 2dr rubi and a 4dr x? - if so screw the extra passengers and buy the rubi; otherwise i would go 4 door, fully tricked out i think it looks better - more like a true expedition vehicle, more space, ability to sleep in the back.

either way your getting another jeep so theres no real "wrong decision" . whatever you can find in good nik.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

my vote is for a 4dr.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm a single guy also, use my JKU as my DD, and there are times I wish I would have gotten a 2D. I rarely have 4 passengers in my rig, but the ability to put the back seats down and haul a metric assload of gear everywhere is what made my decision for me.

I would get a 4D, but as others have said, if it's a 4D X vs 2D Rubi, I'd always go Rubi over all.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

4 Door. The extra room and seating for three in the back seat is nice when you need it.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

2 Dr for sure, if you go off road on a regular basis....This is due to the shorter wheel base, and less vehicle weight. If you need additional storage room add a Gobi rack.

If its a daily driver with only occassional off road usage the 4 door might be more practical.

In any case the Jeeps are Just plan fun!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by REDLINE217
i currently have a 4 door JK but some things are happening and i might loose it but i will be able to get a new one i just wanted to know if i should get another 4 door or maybe get a nice 2 door rubi i just want to here some imput from others out there who own one or the other i love the space in the 4 door so much but i really like the 2 doors as well i cant decide its my daily driver and i am a senior high school student so i dont have a family or anything if that helps haha any imput would help thanks
You say your in high school so you are worried about looking cool, right.
4 doors just don't look cool until you lift them. If done right they are awesome looking.
With a 2 door a budget boost and 33s and you have chick magnet. To get the same effect from a 4 door requires a larger lift and larger tires IMHO.

Quick Reply: 2 door JK or 4 door JK ?????