Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

'13 Soft top back panel question

Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just fold mine over into the folds of the main section. It sandwiches them in there and it folds pretty flat. My cargo netting keeps the top from going completely flat, but need it for the pooch.
My 97 and my 2005, had aftermarket tops without corner stiffeners. Folded nice and easy.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconDan
From any videos that I've seen, those rear corner pieces fold up onto the top of the soft top before the entire top is folded back. This sandwiches them between the other layers of the soft top fabric... unless I'm reading the question wrong...
x2 on what ^ he said
Old 05-11-2013, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummmmmmmmp!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIGURED it out FINALLY! DURRRR!

I finally got it folded the right way. The new top is really different than the 'o7 for sure. I absolutely LOVE not having those fold down/tuck in "flaps" at the top of the doors. It's also much easier to fold down, but it takes a few tries to get it down pat. The best part is now that we have a garage, we can leave the top down and doors off almost all year down here. Thanks everybody for your help,,,this forum had been a life saver, for my older JK, and now that I have the '13, this place comes to my aid once again! You guys ROCK!

Quick Reply: '13 Soft top back panel question